30 day shred

Options
I am 24 years old. Weigh in at 289 and waist measures in at 51 inches. If I were to do the program for the full 30 days in the pm and in the am do the c25k 3 days a week. How many inches should I expect to lose by the in of the 30 days? I need to lose 9 inches off my waist and keep my neck at 18 inches and get down to 250 lbs. The reason why is that I want to join the Navy.

Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    I am 24 years old. Weigh in at 289 and waist measures in at 51 inches. If I were to do the program for the full 30 days in the pm and in the am do the c25k 3 days a week. How many inches should I expect to lose by the in of the 30 days? I need to lose 9 inches off my waist and keep my neck at 18 inches and get down to 250 lbs. The reason why is that I want to join the Navy.

Working out will do nothing if you don't change your eating habits. Put in your stats and eat at the calorie goal MFP gives you.
  • leannraya
    leannraya Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    There's no way for any of us to know how many inches you would lose, but calorie counting is more important
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    How much weight you lose depends on calorie consumption, where inches come from depends on your body. (fat comes from wherever it wants, you can't make your body lose from a certain area). Exercise will help you burn more calories, but you need to keep your eating/drinking in check.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Calorie intake is where 90% of your effort should be

Overly exercising will cause crash and burn
  • msujack
    msujack Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You can exercise to increase weight loss, but you can't out-exercise a bad diet. Count calories and work out.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    There's no way to guess inch loss.....but eat at deficit and do it and see how you get on :smile:
    Anytime I did the Shred I lost several inches all over...
  • kingjoker32
    kingjoker32 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I plan on going on a high protein low carb diet. Scrambled eggs for breakfast, tuna and crackers for lunch, and baked chicken breasts with veggies for dinner
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I plan on going on a high protein low carb diet. Scrambled eggs for breakfast, tuna and crackers for lunch, and baked chicken breasts with veggies for dinner

Plan on weighing and logging everything

If you think you will be able to stick to low carb for life, or manage the intensely slow reintroduction of carbs then that's fine. But it's just a way of eating that gives huge water weight loss in the first few weeks that is a great emotional boost

Why are you planning and not doing already?
  • kingjoker32
    kingjoker32 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Im starting today