New weight loss anxiety dream

Options
Last night my brain came up with a nice new anxiety dream, probably because I've been meticulously logging with MFP for 6 weeks now, so it's become habit and routine. My main anxiety dream used to be teeth falling out, and now I'm dreaming about eating snacks (chocolate... and seaweed?!) and not having my phone to log them on MFP, and so I just keep on eating. When I finally find my phone I can't remember everything I ate, but what I DO remember puts me way over my goal, making me just want to give up because it (unrealistically, but this is dreams, right?) makes me gain even more weight.

Thanks, brain. :|

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You will probably have a day where you go over your goal and want to give up. It's normal. Your anxiety is you trying to work through how to handle it emotionally before that day comes. Spend some time every day (not right before bed) thinking through that scenario. Come up with the best possible outcome, the worst possible outcome, and something in between.

Having a single day of being over might be a small blip on the radar, but it could also be good for your body/hormones. It will happen and you'll learn from it.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a creative dream! Gotta love your brain. You know what might cure it? Have a no-log day and then step on the scale the day after. No change. Huh.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    In my dream life, I am in my early 20's and in college again. I have skipped a class since the beginning and now it is mid-term and I have to take the test for which I am totally unprepared. I have not dreamed of diet failure yet, just failing because I have not prepared for the test. I bet the test is Halloween and chocolate bars.
  • purpleflux
    purpleflux Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Waking me already has the approach that if it happens, it happens. In fact, it'll happen next week as it's my mum's birthday, so I'm declaring it a counting-free day. Unfortunately, dream me has yet to catch up on this.

@daniwilford I have exam dreams like that, too! Brains are really annoying sometimes. Hopefully you won't be haunted by the Halloween chocolate bars. :D
  • ebouchie
    ebouchie Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    In my dream life, I am in my early 20's and in college again. I have skipped a class since the beginning and now it is mid-term and I have to take the test for which I am totally unprepared.

I have that exact same dream! And it is always French class.