Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis

Options
Has anyone heard of or tried Tracy Anderson 's Metamorphosis workouts? Is it a good workout?

Replies

• beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I've tried it. I thought the workouts were based on pilates, yoga and barre and then she cut the movements unnaturally short to incorporate some innate dance move in order to make the workout "her own"
    The moves didn't flow nicely and her "twists" were annoying and forced.
    Since they are based on yoga, pilates and barre, I can see why they deliver some results. But I think that you can get
    Much better routines out there w/o paying for the gimmick of a celebrity endorsement.
    She advocates an 600-800 calorie diet to go hand in hand with her workout routines. along with 2 hours a day of workouts: aerobic dance and her tiny weights- workout.
    That to me is just irresponsible and sad, TBH.
    She claims that a woman should never lift a weight higher than 3 lbs. / 5 lbs?!?

She claims to be able to give woman a "tiny dancer's body" with these types if advice, workout and diet.

But she makes millions because people like gwyneth Paltrow and Madonna bought into her "Emperor's New Clothes" scheme.

I think that the celebrities and other people that follow her would have gotten similar results following any other workout program.
  • suzeexoxo
    suzeexoxo Posts: 170 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I've tried it. I thought the workouts were based on pilates, yoga and barre and then she cut the movements unnaturally short to incorporate some innate dance move in order to make the workout "her own"
    The moves didn't flow nicely and her "twists" were annoying and forced.
    Since they are based on yoga, pilates and barre, I can see why they deliver some results. But I think that you can get
    Much better routines out there w/o paying for the gimmick of a celebrity endorsement.
    She advocates an 600-800 calorie diet to go hand in hand with her workout routines. along with 2 hours a day of workouts: aerobic dance and her tiny weights- workout.
    That to me is just irresponsible and sad, TBH.
    She claims that a woman should never lift a weight higher than 3 lbs. / 5 lbs?!?

She claims to be able to give woman a "tiny dancer's body" with these types if advice, workout and diet.

But she makes millions because people like gwyneth Paltrow and Madonna bought into her "Emperor's New Clothes" scheme.

I think that the celebrities and other people that follow her would have gotten similar results following any other workout program.

I actually started the workout I'm 4 days in and like it so far, bought used DVD's for real cheap. I would not spend an arm and a leg for a workout.

Thanks for your input!
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you found something you like:) I've never seen them used ...
    I think since her moves are based on Pilates (with a twist) they can provide a good workout.
    I am still not a fan of the super low calorie diet or her thought that woman should never lift anything over 3 lbs....

But she has hundreds of people paying $900 per month to join her NYC gym, so obviously many people like it
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Please don't follow her calorie suggestions. That is a VLCD and can lead to numerous health problems in the future.
    Eat the calorie deficit MFP gave you plus 50-75% of your calorie burn.

Cheers, h.
  • suzeexoxo
    Options
    Please don't follow her calorie suggestions. That is a VLCD and can lead to numerous health problems in the future.
    Eat the calorie deficit MFP gave you plus 50-75% of your calorie burn.

Cheers, h.

Thanks I agree! There is no way I could follow such a low calorie restriction. I go based on my fitbit and mfp.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    suzeexoxo wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of or tried Tracy Anderson 's Metamorphosis workouts? Is it a good workout?
    When she tells you that lifting more than 3lbs dumbells will "bulk" you up, then you probably can't take her workouts seriously. She does focus more on body weight, but her training method is quite awkward. It's really going to come down to whether or not you like her type of workouts.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• suzeexoxo
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    suzeexoxo wrote: »
    When she tells you that lifting more than 3lbs dumbells will "bulk" you up, then you probably can't take her workouts seriously. She does focus more on body weight, but her training method is quite awkward. It's really going to come down to whether or not you like her type of workouts.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Thanks. Im going to complete the 90 day program, im on day 7. And after I will move on to something different. Do you recommend any specific home workout program?