Opinions

Options
What do you think of how I look. Some people have been saying I look anorexic and others have been saying I'm getting fat again (I've gained 10 lbs). I'm 5'7 and weigh 160ish I either want a thingh gap or a bubble but . What do you think would be better ... I've also been feeling really low on energy lately like whey 20 minutes after eating I feel like soo drained that's why my eating has been crazy the past 3 weeks ( I just got back on track Tuesday)any tips on how to lose weight while still having energy

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    thigh gap is genetic. Either your built for one or your not.

As for the energy thing, make sure your eating enough. If your cut is too low, you will feel drained and it can lead to binge eating. Make sure you have the correct activity level setting selected and choose either 0.5 or 1 lb per week loss. Then eat back 50-75% of your exercise calories (they shouldn't be accounted for when you select an activity level, so you will need to eat some of them back).
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It's what YOU think, of how you look that's important. Make sure you're not over restricting yourself, stay at a slight deficit and you'll lose.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    thigh gap is genetic. Either your built for one or your not.
    This and the same thing for the bubble butt. You are beautiful as you are. When I look back at pictures of me at 19, I wonder why I was so worried about how I looked. Be careful not to compare yourself with air brushed, photo shopped unrealistic people. As for thigh gaps they go the same way as Twiggie arms and Kim Kardasian butts will be Pamela Anderson Boobs in ten years. Learn to love what God gave you and not how jealous people judge you.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    You look great!

Even if you are built to have a thigh gap, they can sometimes look too thin because the women neglect their leg muscles (particularly the inner thighs), imho. So I'd have to go with heavy lifting --a program like Strong Curves is what's usually suggested. Then if you are built for a gap you'll have one (unless you can put on tons of muscle there, but unlikely), and you'll get a bubble butt, too, if you eat enough and keep putting on glute muscle. It's the biggest muscle in the body, so if you work it really hard it can grow well :)

Is it a thigh gap if the thighs touch at the top, btw? I dislike body trends in general, but I've been so curious about that, lol. Mine touch at the top but have a gap below that. I've put on muscle in my inner thighs, because I absolutely want them shapely like any other muscle ;) Mine not touching would not be attractive to me on my body, I don't think, but I do like them firm! I'm still working on the butt, too :grin:
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    You look great!

Even if you are built to have a thigh gap, they can sometimes look too thin because the women neglect their leg muscles (particularly the inner thighs), imho. So I'd have to go with heavy lifting --a program like Strong Curves is what's usually suggested. Then if you are built for a gap you'll have one (unless you can put on tons of muscle there, but unlikely), and you'll get a bubble butt, too, if you eat enough and keep putting on glute muscle. It's the biggest muscle in the body, so if you work it really hard it can grow well :)

Is it a thigh gap if the thighs touch at the top, btw? I dislike body trends in general, but I've been so curious about that, lol. Mine touch at the top but have a gap below that. I've put on muscle in my inner thighs, because I absolutely want them shapely like any other muscle ;) Mine not touching would not be attractive to me on my body, I don't think, but I do like them firm! I'm still working on the butt, too :grin:
    @cafeaulait7
    No idea. I believe the pro-ana people strive for no touching at all. My upper thighs touch, but then gap as you get closer to my knees. I do lift (Ice Cream Fitness 5x5) and it has started appearing with weight loss regardless. It's going to take some getting used to.

I did find a site that lists some variations. I won't link to the site, because I don't think it's appropriate (MFP might remove it...looks like possibly a fetish site), but I will summarize the descriptions.
    1) A wide gap right at the top of the thighs, but thighs touch further down.
    2) A slightly smaller gap right at the top of the thighs that resembles a heart and again the lower part of the thighs touch. Apparently this is commonly seen with a nice butt.
    3) Mini gap at the top of the thighs, looks like an upside down triangle.
    4) What the site refers to as a "Sliver Gap". will resemble 1 or 2, but either be a small sliver of a gap that extends all the way down or the thighs will touch briefly and then gap again (that's what mine do, little gap at top - touch - gap again).
    5) "Missile Gap" - Starts like 1 or 2, but has a wider gap down until around the knees. The gap looks similar to a missile apparently.
    6) Complete gap. No touching of legs until around the ankles. (What most people who want a thigh gap are trying to achieve)
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Ah! I had no idea folks would give names to all of these things :grin: I think mine completely touch at the entire top, but my booty is in the way in my mirror ;)

I do judge whether I'm at my normal (good) size or not by how much they touch farther down my legs, because when I gain weight that space does get smaller and smaller! But I'm fine with whichever variation I have when at a nice weight.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Thigh gap is a stupid invented aspiration ...there will be another stupid thing along in a minute

Let's try not to catch the stupids shall we?

• adisehic
    adisehic Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    6/10
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    You are tired because most days you are eating under 1200 cals, most of your food is produced by cereal mfg., you are generally under in your protein and seldom eat a complete meal unless that is where you add a few hundred or thousand calories as a quick add.

Please start eating to your MFP recommendation, or at least 1200 cals a day, every day.

No matter how good you look now, it will not last if you continue under nourishing your body.

Cheers, h.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic - but I'm a complete and utter stranger to you! You need to think about how YOU feel about YOU. :)
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    WNB?
  • sarahrosheen
    sarahrosheen Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    is this a joke?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    You are tired because most days you are eating under 1200 cals, most of your food is produced by cereal mfg., you are generally under in your protein and seldom eat a complete meal unless that is where you add a few hundred or thousand calories as a quick add.

Please start eating to your MFP recommendation, or at least 1200 cals a day, every day.

No matter how good you look now, it will not last if you continue under nourishing your body.

Cheers, h.

h5krzj3cfcoe.png