Not losing weight, help!

Options
2»

Replies

• GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Could the fact that you're doing strength training & cardio 5 days a week have anything to do with it? My understanding is that you should do strength training every other day so that your muscles have a day to repair and do cardio on the days you don't strength train. I'm sure there are others here who are way more knowledgeable about this than me. About the measuring and weighing - I thought I was guesstimating fairly accurately but was I surprised when I went back to doing it again how far off I was. I'm sure you'll find your answer - don't give up!
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Get a scale that shows bodyfat percent, the only true way to track progress!
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    If you've lost some size but are at the same weight then you have obviously gained some muscle! Stay with it and I bet you will start loosin again in a couple of weeks.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, WRONG. She cannot gain muscle unless she's at a surplus or possibly maintenance. She claims to be eating 1400 calories per day and not eating exercise calories back, so something is clearly wrong here with what she's saying. With her measurements, she should easily be losing at 1400 calories per day.

OP, I'll tell you this right now: Cool it with the exercise. You have an unhealthy relationship with weight loss and it's not going to do anything for you. Just like you had to stop the first time because you put yourself through extremes. I am a half inch taller than you. I started here at the end of June at 139 pounds; I am now 117 pounds. I did cardio a few days per week and strength training a few days per week. I took walks every day. I did not exercise for 2-3 hours every day nor eat 1200 calories without my exercise calories to get where I am. You're going to destroy your body with the extremes and it's not sustainable long term. You said you're using a food scale, correct? If that truly is so and you are weighing EVERYTHING, yes even prepackaged foods, to the gram then you need to go see a doctor about the fact that you haven't lost any weight. Someone eating 1400-1600 calories per day and NOT eating back any exercise calories should absolutely be losing weight. I eat 1700-2200 per day based on my exercise calories for the day and I still lose half a pound per week.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    If you are confident in your logging accuracy, you should be losing. You increased your workouts, and you could be retaining water after starting a new program. I switched to Wendler's 5/3/1, and I stopped losing for two months. Then I had a "woosh" and lost fairly quickly several weeks in a row. I'd give it more time.

That said, you doubled the amount of time you spend working out and only increased your food by a few hundred calories; I'd beware of a burn out again, although it does at least look like you've added in a rest day. I say give it another few weeks doing what you're doing and then reassess.