Recipe needed: Weight Watcher's International Cookbook Banan

waguchan
waguchan Posts: 450 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
I used to have a Weight Watcher's International Cook Book published probably sometime in the 1980's. It had a really yummy banana bread recipe in it. I think it was called "West Indies Banana Bread" and it contained coconut, raisins, and nuts. I think it had nutmeg and cinnamon too.

I think the same book also had a really great zucchini bread recipe in it.

I don't really care about the point count or anything. I just want to make these recipes for my family, who aren't counting carbs like me.

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone happen to have these recipes?

Thanks!

Replies

• guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Is this It :bigsmile:
    West Indies Banana Bread (bread machine)

1 1/8 cups bananas, ripe; mashed
    6 tbsp margarine
    1 eggs
    1 tsp coconut extract
    3/4 tsp salt
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/8 tsp nutmeg
    2 tbsp coconut; shredded
    3 cups flour, bread
    1 1/2 tsp yeast
    1/2 cup raisins

Add first eleven ingredients to ABM in order listed. Select cycle. After first kneading, add raisins and continue cycle.
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Samantharose8akaDebbie Posts: 407 Member
    Bump for later - sounds delish!
  • renewed
    renewed Posts: 19 Member
    Sounds Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I ask you ladies what have you been going to shed the pounds? Any tips? Does weight watchers really work?
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Weight-Watchers-West-Indies-Banana-Bread-150486

How about this one? :bigsmile: I searched thru all my old WW books and didn't find any lol so decided to try the net :wink: He he was about time those recipe books came out of storage :heart:

SERVES 12 (change servings and units)
    Change to: Servings US Metric Close

l
    Ingredients

* 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    * 1 tablespoon baking powder
    * 1/2 teaspoon salt
    * 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    * 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    * 1/2 cup sugar
    * 1/2 cup margarine
    * 1 egg
    * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    * 3 ripe bananas, mashed
    * 3/4 cup raisins
    * 2 ounces chopped walnuts
    * 2 tablespoons shredded coconut

Directions

Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon & nutmeg.
    Preheat oven to 350°F.
    In separate bowl, using electric mixer, beat sugar w margarine until light & fluffyl add egg and vanilla & continue beating until mixture is thoroughly combined. Add sifted ingredients alternately w bananas, beating sligtly after aeach addition until mixture is well combined (Do not overbeat, as this will cause loaf to become tough). Stir in raisins, nuts & coconut.
    Spray 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray & pour batter into pan; bake about 50 min (until loaf is browned & cake tester inserted in center comes out clean).
    Remove laf from pan to wire rack & let it cool. Can also be frozen then thawed at room temperature.
  • ChellieIrish
    Sounds Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I ask you ladies what have you been going to shed the pounds? Any tips? Does weight watchers really work?

Hi there :flowerforyou:

I did the WW programme many many years ago actually at the time that EVERYTHING needed to be weighed then the points system and also the Core ... honestly I think that this site is far better because it's less restrictive, has a lot more support and I can eat what I like once I count the cals ... Not only that why PAY for something you don't have to :bigsmile:

I'll admit that WW put me on the right road ie showed me the good foods to eat and what foods to restrict but again so does this site :drinker:

Ohh I did find this recipe in my books which might be a nice option too :wink: I took a pic from the book but you can see it here in this link ... sorry too lazy to rewrite it lol :blushing:

Banana & Fig Loaf

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e210/chellie7871/087.jpg
  • renewed
    renewed Posts: 19 Member
    Thanks............

Counting calories must be it then........
    I am always ready for advice for anyone who wants to shares tips and etc...
  • ChellieIrish
    Here is the WW Zucchini Bread :flowerforyou:

http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=138821
  • waguchan
    THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! I love MFP!!
  • waguchan

Thanks! I'm printing this one out too!

I did WW in the 80s too when it was all about weighing what you eat. I was only 18 years old the first time I went. I eventually became a life time member. But after that, I gained 100 pounds in 1 year (not WW's fault though). I went back to WW's several times and just couldn't stick to it. And the final time I was there, the person operating the scale was very rude to me and loudly announced that I had gained 4 pounds. I swore I'd never set foot in Weight Watchers again. And that's probably when I finally got rid of all my old cookbooks. But I had some very ripe bananas this weekend that I wanted to put to good use. I used another recipe and added spices and coconut, but it just didn't come out as moist as I remembered the WW's one to be.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.