Eating disorders...

Options
Sorry but there has been 2,550 people die of an eatting sorter in the last 3 years alone just in NZ with more than 70% having eatting plans or eatting diet app related installed into their phones. I just felt this sort of thing needed to be a dressed.

Eatting desorders are not a person choice nore their fault however they are in charge of what road they choice to go down as I have gone down that road many times before so am specking from experience.
I just feel that as people as one big whole we could help people make it so its not so "normal" to b thin or skinny because believe u me it isn't

If any u girls, boys, women and men are reading this your a gorgous on the inside and out u can over come this and be that person u always wanted to b xxx

Replies

• vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Good luck telling that to the modeling and ad agencies. The culture is awash in hypocritical images and I agree that it can be very confusing to someone who isn't particularly well grounded.

Your post doesn't blame apps like MFP for eating disorders, does it? The app surely has helped more people than it has hindered. People prone to disordered eating don't need an app to send them on their way. It is a tool like any other, which means it can be abused.
  • kristenveganvixen
    kristenveganvixen Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Years before apps they would just have used books, notepads and pens. It's not the app's fault it's been abused any more than it's the book or notepad's.

If you're not blaming the app but rather using it as a way of reaching out to those who may be in need then fair enough.x
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    That is so sad.
    I think that so many have an app pertaining to weight loss reenforces the work that so many of the regular posters do trying to talk people out of VLCD, is the right thing to do. Eventhough it is quite often thankless.

Thanks for posting.

Cheers, h.