Male, 53, 6' 1", sw 250, cw 232, gw 180

Options
blambo61
blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
Former skinny athletic guy. Weighed 145 at age 16 at current height (by drivers license). 155 to 160 in college and ran track (3.5% body fat freshman year by caliper measurements). I was a big eater and was always trying to gain weight.

Then age, more school, kids, volunteer work, basketball injuries (torn acl 3 times), bad allergies, not feeling well, and lack of exercise caught up yo me.

Replies

• blambo61
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Former skinny athletic guy. Weighed 145 at age 16 at current height (by drivers license). 155 to 160 in college and ran track (3.5% body fat freshman year by caliper measurements). I was a big eater and was always trying to gain weight.

Then age, more school, kids, volunteer work, basketball injuries (torn acl 3 times), bad allergies, not feeling well, and lack of exercise caught up yo me.

Before my current diet, the usual grind was eat a small breakfast, eat out for lunch, get hungry and eat junk late afternoon, feel like crap and then try to workout.

I have tried exercise programs many times but would always get sick or injured before could get the weight off. I still like to eat like when younger.

I've tried dieting by skipping lunches or skipping dinners. Had some success with the skipping lunches but it was very hard for me.

Now I'm on a fasting diet where I skip breakfast and lunch. I eat from about 6 to 8:30 in the evenings. I take protein and vitamin supps and try to eat healthy but still allow all food types and some junk also. I usually only get in about 1800 tp 2400 cals in during that time due to stomach shrinking but I always eat tell I'm full and satisfied (that is how I like to eat).

This is easier than just skipping lunches because my stomach isn't awakened by breakfast. The fasting suppresses my appitite. Ive lost about 18 lbs this last 6 weeks. I exercise by biking or walking 4 times a week for about 40 min also. I gave good mental clarity all day and dont get the afternoon crashes. Working out after the fast hasn't been a problem and I have actually felt better with more energy (probably from not eating junk).

I really want to get skinny again and maybe be a runner again and I must get rid of my gout problems which I hope being skinny will help.

Thats me, wish me luck.
  • blambo61
    Options

Before my current diet, the usual grind was eat a small breakfast, eat out for lunch, get hungry and eat junk late afternoon, feel like crap and then try to workout.

I have tried exercise programs many times but would always get sick or injured before could get the weight off. I still like to eat like when younger.

I've tried dieting by skipping lunches or skipping dinners. Had some success with the skipping lunches but it was very hard for me.

Now I'm on a fasting diet where I skip breakfast and lunch. I eat from about 6 to 8:30 in the evenings. I take protein and vitamin supps and try to eat healthy but still allow all food types and some junk also. I usually only get in about 1800 tp 2400 cals in during that time due to stomach shrinking but I always eat tell I'm full and satisfied (that is how I like to eat).

This is easier than just skipping lunches because my stomach isn't awakened by breakfast. The fasting suppresses my appitite. Ive lost about 18 lbs this last 6 weeks. I exercise by biking or walking 4 times a week for about 40 min also. I gave good mental clarity all day and dont get the afternoon crashes. Working out after the fast hasn't been a problem and I have actually felt better with more energy (probably from not eating junk).

I really want to get skinny again and maybe be a runner again and I must get rid of my gout problems which I hope being skinny will help.

Thats me, wish me luck.

As a young runner guy, I always wondered why fat people just didnt go run 10 miles a day and get skinny. After bad allergies, gout, not feeling good, etc, and getting fat myself, I'm a bit more compassionate.