New to FitBit Charge

Options
Hmmm... The app shows that I consumed 818 calories (in) and burnt 914 calories (out), but I am over budget. How is this possible if I burnt more than what I consumed?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Your deficit right now is 96 calories, so unless you are set to maintenance then you're eating more than it believes you should be to lose the amount you wish to. Then again, your burn estimations will be off for the first several days until Fitbit gets used to your movements.
  • saphin
    saphin Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    The Fitbit program works a little differently than MFP. Expenditure is based on your predicted BMR plus how much you move. Your intake is calories consumed. No allowance for weight loss or gain adjustments is included in either of these numbers but will be included in the under / over calculation.
    To further complicate interpretation of the data, the software seems to project forward on your expenditure and intake and assume that you continue to move and eat at the same rate as you have done throughout the day so you tend to eat more earlier in the day, it will often show a surplus for much of the day.

Much as I like the Fitbit, I ignore the intake /expenditure tacking and use MFP instead.
  • hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am going to return FitBit. I was okay with just MFP and Bodybuilding.com. I now cannot record the cardio that I did today. I did elliptical and burnt 230 calories and then I walked on the treadmill and burnt 129 calories. Each exercise I did for about 30 minutes. No clue how to enter this on MFP and it doesn't show on FitBit at all. So frustrating!