Not Merely Milestones

Options
Hi All,

I've had MFP for some time now... but it's an on-again/off-again thing, as many of you have probably experienced. This time, I'm changing my plan:

This time around, I'm going to try to utilize the great and supportive community of MFP. That means that I'm going to involve all of you in my weight loss. Please friend request me, and I will commit to helping to support and encourage YOU as well.

I also plan to get back into swimming. I plan to track my weight. I plan to take a 2x daily multivitamin. I plan to make serious progress, and to not stop until my weight goal is achieved. I'm not making a time goal for myself. I'm merely making a goal of steady and constant progress, however slight or small. Progress is progress, and THAT is what I will celebrate - not merely milestones.

A little about me, since this IS the "Introduce Yourself" section:

I'm 32. I weigh 282 (highest ever was 290, but I haven't been that for about 10 years). I'd like to be in the 200-215 range. I'm a husband and a father of two young girls. Also a disabled Navy veteran (HM/ST/URT/PO3). I was stationed in Bethesda, MD for 5 years. Bachelors in HR Management from UMUC. Currently working as an executive at Macy's. My dream would be to work for Disney in an HR or other management role (anyone have any connections???) :) I enjoy playing guitar, swimming, travel, homebrewing, and taking on new hobbies. I'm a foodie, too, but that is one area that needs an overhaul. Native (Bay Area) Californian now living in South Florida. I have LinkedIn, Twitter, and Yelp - no FB.

Your insights, encouragement, and even simple "hellos" DO make a difference for me. I thrive on input and encouragement. So please, don't be a stranger. Talk to me. Add me. Let's take this on together, one day at a time!

Replies

• Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    That's such a positive attitude. You'll do well. I'm about three months into weight management and as far as I'm concerned, each pound that goes is a success. I have no goal date, that will be whenever it happens! Will add you :smile:
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Great attitude - keep it up :)