Long journey ahead

Options
Hello! I am new here after a long break (life issues got in the way). My mum died from cancer a few years back and my dad has just been on his second journey with it (waiting for his scan results to see if he's clear again). My brother is diabetic and I suddenly woke up and realised that, unless I do this NOW, I am going to end up fighting a different kind of battle.

I need to lose around 140lbs/10st which sounds horrific. I'm looking at it as 14 lots of 10lbs instead :)

I need friends on here that are walking a similar path or have lost a similar amount of weight please.

No offence but if you are super fit and healthy I will struggle to relate to you and, likewise, if you are extremely into macros/paleo/5:2 etc I'm not really on the same path.

I just want (mainly) upbeat people, on journeys with ups and downs and who are active on here most days.

Good luck with the journey wherever you're at! We are all here for a healthier life and that is awesome.

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Welcome :]

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mum and wishing your dad a speedy recovery.

You have a really positive outlook so there is no reason why you won't succeed and reach your goals.

Don't be put off by the macro/paleo/5:2 side of things - this isn't everyone's cup of tea (it certainly isn't mine!), it's just another way of going about losing weight. It all comes down to the calorie deficit - this is literally what matters.

Wishing you the very best of luck and success. Stay strong.