2 weeks strength training results with photo!

Options
popupvideo
popupvideo Posts: 50 Member
edited October 2015 in Success Stories
xlxu6v.jpg

After strength training every other day, light cardio and eating 1200 calories, this is my progress!

I haven't lost any weight but I do see the difference in my waist and arms. Any ladies wanting to try circuit training or dumbbell excercises, I highly recommend!

I'm also eating many more vegetables (roasted) and have now cut out gluten. (Makes me feel better).

Can't wait to update when I start losing weight. I'm 5'5" and 135 lbs, losing weight the healthy way after blowing up recovering from a severe eating disorder.

Congratulations to everyone joining this site! I love seeing your results :)

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    If you feel that you must lose weight, and you are now on a 1200 calorie to accomplish this, after seeing your photos, it is time to talk again to your medical team. Sorry, but if you can see any extra fat, you are not recovered.
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    You look lovely as you are!!! keep up with the training and healthy eating. Don't be scared to up your calories also from 1200 as you are training and your body will thank you for the extra fuel. It's not always about that number on the scale. Strength training will lean you out making you appear thinner at a heavier weight. So go by measurements and how you feel and look in your clothes. As for AGGELIKIK I really wish we could like and dislike comments in these forums as some of you really grate on me!!! In your case it would be a DISLIKE!!!!
    aggelikik wrote: »
    If you feel that you must lose weight, and you are now on a 1200 calorie to accomplish this, after seeing your photos, it is time to talk again to your medical team. Sorry, but if you can see any extra fat, you are not recovered.

OFFER CONSTRUCTIVE ADVICE OR JUST DON'T BOTHER. IT TAKES SOME A LOT OF COURAGE TO ASK FOR HELP AND SUPPORT SO BE MINDFUL WHEN YOU REPLY. YOU COULD BE DESTROYING SOMEONE'S SPIRIT.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    You look great, you have a healthy BMI and you are starting resistance work. This is excellent.
    The benefits of your strength work, however will be reduced by eating at such a deficit. Just something to consider. Be good to yourself :-)
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    You look lovely as you are!!! keep up with the training and healthy eating. Don't be scared to up your calories also from 1200 as you are training and your body will thank you for the extra fuel. It's not always about that number on the scale. Strength training will lean you out making you appear thinner at a heavier weight. So go by measurements and how you feel and look in your clothes. As for AGGELIKIK I really wish we could like and dislike comments in these forums as some of you really grate on me!!! In your case it would be a DISLIKE!!!!
    aggelikik wrote: »

OFFER CONSTRUCTIVE ADVICE OR JUST DON'T BOTHER. IT TAKES SOME A LOT OF COURAGE TO ASK FOR HELP AND SUPPORT SO BE MINDFUL WHEN YOU REPLY. YOU COULD BE DESTROYING SOMEONE'S SPIRIT.

OP is enthusiastic about eating at 1200 calories and adding more exercise, because she believes she needs to lose weight. I do not think this means she is fully recovered. And by getting encouragement to keep up what she is doing, she might very well end up back in the beginning of her recovery journey.
    She has a beautiful body at a perfect weight but she says she cannot wait to start losing weight. This sounds like something she needs to urgently discuss with her medical team, not something that should be encouraged. A success story is not always one where the scale moves to lower numbers, as I am sure OP has learned the hard way. It would be a shame to see her undo the great job she has done so far.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!