New

Options
Mosiak
Mosiak Posts: 41 Member
Hey, I'm new. I'm 30 year old male from Iceland and I am 143kg (315lbs).. Soo. .yea I think it's time to drop the weight. I attempted it last year and lost 15kg (33lbs) I did well, I changed my diet, started eating more regular, and smaller healthy meals, but then life happened and I fall right back into old habits and I have gained it all back plus 3kg (6,6lbs) extra, so I'm back again to try this for a second time.

I'm a little confused by the home page, its telling me I gotta eat 2440 calories a day, So far I have eaten 550 and its warning me that its too low, I still got my evening snacks left which are carrots, or grapes or apples, or a little bit of all, and maybe a little light yogurt snack which should make me reach closer to 1000 calories.

Ugh I am just so sick of being fat, I've been fat all my life and now I just want it to change and so here I am!

any feedback or maybe some friends would be cool, I have neither in my real life.

Replies

• aliguy593
    aliguy593 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great! I've just started too. I've got to get healthy. I've been wanting to for awhile just been putting it off. No more! Good luck as you make healthy choices!
  • LuvtoBeme1
    LuvtoBeme1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Mosiak eating under your goals especially under 1200 is very dangerous. Your body will go in to starvation mode and actually begin to store and hyper produce fat thinking it must in order to survive. Think about adding more protein in your diet and nutrient dense foods. If you read the blogs from the very successful people on here you will learn alot. I know I am new and I have learned alot from them. Good Luck! :)
  • Mosiak
    Mosiak Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    aliguy593 wrote: »
    Great! I've just started too. I've got to get healthy. I've been wanting to for awhile just been putting it off. No more! Good luck as you make healthy choices!

I also just started, kinda, I quit sugar completely about 2 weeks ago, I guess I started then :P but I started here just today. thank you for the friend request :)
    LuvtoBeme1 wrote: »
    Mosiak eating under your goals especially under 1200 is very dangerous. Your body will go in to starvation mode and actually begin to store and hyper produce fat thinking it must in order to survive. Think about adding more protein in your diet and nutrient dense foods. If you read the blogs from the very successful people on here you will learn alot. I know I am new and I have learned alot from them. Good Luck! :)

I don't feel like I'm eating too little, but when I put it into the thing here its telling me its too little, I got it up to 1100 now, I forgot to add something from supper, but its still telling me its too little.

Over eating on food isn't and has never really been my problem, my problem was sugary snacks, chocolate, candy, I could eat 4 chocolate bars and then maybe a bag of some candy in the evening after supper, every day. I quit sugar about 2 weeks ago, I no longer eat anything with added sugar.

I'll figure this out, but I am not gonna consume 2400 like the website wants me too! hehe, I think I might wanna stick with around 1500.

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

• Leeloo74
    Leeloo74 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Stick to it and you can get there. I started in July and I've lost 20 lbs.
    Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other.