5x5 workout help

Options
Hello guys I was recently advised on here by many of you to try 5x5 workout and I'm on my second week but I wanted to know on days which are meant to be rest days can I still go gym and do other thing or should I just rest??

Replies

• tkfunkyfrogg
    tkfunkyfrogg Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I do HIIT on off days and LIT on 5x5 days. People say choose one day a week to "rest".
  • rick_po
    rick_po Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    In the beginning, when the weights are light, it doesn't matter. When the weights get much heavier, a lot of people have trouble doing much of anything on off days. But other people handle the work just fine.

Do all the cardio you want for now. Be prepared to scale back later if it seems to be too much work.
  • armylife
    armylife Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You can go to the gym and do other things but then you would not be doing the program as it is designed. It is all what your end goals are.
  • kerbeya1
    kerbeya1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    kayemali wrote: »
    Hello guys I was recently advised on here by many of you to try 5x5 workout and I'm on my second week but I wanted to know on days which are meant to be rest days can I still go gym and do other thing or should I just rest??

Do five by five on the big three and then do other things through. I do the west side barbell method right now but when I was doing 5x5 my training usually consisted of Sunday through Thursday straight and two days rest I also hot squats and dead lift on the same day I advise to stay away from that and split it up I got great results i. Strength. And the rest of the work outs where a body building style with reps