Feedback on my bulking routine

Options
djeffreys10
djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
Been cutting fat for several months doing a 5 day split hitting everything 1x per week. Changing to a 6 day split hitting everything 2x per week (push/pull/legs/repeat) for my bulk, focusing more on compound movements with some isolation thrown in. Resting on sundays. Anybody notice any areas I may be missing, any muscle that will not be worked adequately, etc.? It's always good to have another set of eyes check for anything you may have missed, imho. Thanks in advance.

Monday: Push
Incline Bench
Flat Bench
Incline Dumbbell Flye
Dumbbell Flye
Military Press
Cable Reverse Flye
Front Cable Raise

Tuesday: Legs
Squats
Leg Curls
Standing Calf Raises
Leg Press
Lunges

Wednesday: Pull
Deadlifts
Barbell Rows
Pullups
Chin ups
Shrugs
Preacher Curls
Reverse grip barbell curls

Thursday: Push
Incline Bench
Flat Bench
Incline Dumbbell Flye
Dumbbell Flye
Military Press
Cable Reverse Flye
Front Cable Raise

Friday: Legs
Squats
Leg Curls
Seated Calf Raises
Leg Press
Lunges

Saturday: Pull
Deadlifts
Barbell Rows
Pullups
Chin ups
Shrugs
Preacher Curls
Reverse grip barbell curls

Replies

• tubzzy77
    tubzzy77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Personally I think its too much but if you know you need to do that much because that is what your body responds well to then by all means go ahead. Just working the squat and deadlift on back to back days twice a week your lower back is going to feel it unless you're going heavy one day and light the other. I feel like your body is never going to be able to fully recover.
  • djeffreys10
    Options
    Tweaks have been made to push day. My arms were to shot to get a proper shoulder workout in. Going to do military press first on Thursday, and delete one of the two bench exercises. Also going to change Monday a little next week. Do military press right after the two bench exercises, and delete one of the butterfly exercises.
  • davideickelmann
    davideickelmann Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You probably don't need rows, pull ups, chin ups, and 2 bicep curls on each pull day. Do rows, one bw, and one curl. Also, why the incline and flat flyes? Where are the pullovers? Why are you doing front raises (anterior delt) when you are doing 3 exercises that directly work the anterior delt (bench, inc. bench, mil press)?

You've got all of the compounds in here, which is great. I'm assuming that since you're bulking you're going to be doing some kind of a 5x5 or a 3x8-10 rep scheme, which is going to demand a lot of time. You might want to prioritize your lifts according to importance, and base how many of each of them you do on any given day on how you feel that day.

Doing 2 bench exercises and mil press is going to be challenging. Good luck.
  • djeffreys10
    Options
    I don't do pullovers because I tweaked my shoulder a few months ago and they aggrevated it, so I dropped them and just never thought to add them back in. But now that you mention it, I should add them back. As far as the chin ups and pull ups, I forgot to note that those are either/or. Not going to do both of them on the same day. And I doubt I will do leg press and lunges on the same day, prolly do one Wednesday and the other Saturday.

And yeah, I need to drop the front raises. That was a bit much. I plan on doing 5x5, 4x6, or 3x8, mainly just depending on how I feel. I am going to make sure I do all the compound movements first from now on, and add the isolations at the end depending on how much gas I have left in the tank.