Need help please

hi I'm Louis and I'm 20yo and I need help staying motivated I've Lost 75lb so far but I've started losing motivation does anyone have any advice for staying motivated???

Replies

• andrewjbaker1984
    andrewjbaker1984 Posts: 33 Member
    Nice one Louis.

Assuming you are still overweight.....Think how good you feel/felt after losing that weight... The compliments, the confidence, the nicer clothing and think how much better that will be when you lose more.
  • eliaus3640
    eliaus3640 Posts: 32 Member
    What are you doing that isn't sustainable? I know it sounds odd but if you are losing motivation what can you do to more easily follow a healthy lifestyle?

Also, write down a list of everything you remember about being at that higher weight. I have a list I look at every once in a while that reminds me of how life was before my healthy lifestyle
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Also, make a list of what yiu want your life to look like as you move toward your goal.

Set some smaller goals and pre plan some awesome rewards!

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    I read a quote today: Motivaton gets you started. Habits keep you going.

What habits have you developed so far? Focus on doing those things!
  • deblucy1
    deblucy1 Posts: 2 Member
    Have you tried carrying around 75 lbs and doing your work outs? You have made tremendous strides and must feel so much better having had gotten rid of those pounds. It's time now to re-evaluate the reason you wanted to lose weight in the first place. It's time to push it to the next level and not get comfortable with what you are eating and how you are exercising. Find new recipes, join new exercise classes and put yourself out there where other like minded people are doing challenging activities. Pretend this is your first day on your journey to lose weight and measure, weigh, and count every calorie. Record all your water intakes and the minutes of exercise you do. Read success stories and know you are not alone. Other people are doing it and are getting and maintaining there goals. You will get past this and reach your goal and maintain it as well. You already inspired me by losing 75 pounds. Now, get going and finish your success story so I can read yours.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,868 Member
    Maintaining weight is as important as losing weight. We all need to develop the skills needed to first lose, then maintain. Take two weeks and try seeing what it's like maintaining. Then go back to losing. Just don't gain :smile: