Working out and downstairs neighbors

Options
anyone else live upstairs and have a hard time working out due to downstairs neighbors ?? Or is it just me? So frustrating. It's just 1 hr a day.

Replies

• CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I live on the bottom floor, but I feel for you. On the one hand, the better side of me says talk to your neighbors. Maybe they have a small child who needs a nap and you can sit around that time? Maybe they just need to hear about what's going on and they'll be happy for you. The less neighborly side of me says DON'T STOP NO MATTER WHAT! Don't let persnickety busy-bodies ruin this for you! No one gets to tell you how healthy you can be but you. Noise be damd. And if you're working out during the hours your community doesn't consider "quiet time" they can bugger off, or take it up with whoever constructed the building so poorly.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Yes - I know what you mean! :]

Have you a communal garden you can use? Or a nearby park? I know it's no ideal but there are definitely other ways to get your exercise in!
  • Lilloops1985
    Lilloops1985 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the replies. It is very frustrating because they have told before and I got told I couldn't if it disrupted them but as a single mom who works 12 hrs a day and get the little ones after I have no other option but to workout at home while the kids sleep or not workout. When they complained was before and it didn't matter what time of day I did it. Seemed like they were always home. I don't think it's fair. They chose to live downstairs knowing someone was going to b living upstairs and that's just what I'm doing, living. I would b willing to change my routine to a time that didn't bother them but they're unreasonable and at since I'm rarely ever home don't think they should complain at all.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I don't really think they can do anything....except be mad. unless you're doing jumping jacks or dropping weights I don't see how it can be all that loud.
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Since I'm on the second floor when I stay over my fiance's place, I stick to yoga, pilates, and some quiet bodyweight exercises (squats, planks, etc.).
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what they could hear downstairs as they never complained. I never worked out for more than 1 hour so I don't see what the problem is. I think you should stick to the same time each week and carry on. It's just 1 hr