Going to Disney world in two weeks-how to stay on track!

Options
13»

Replies

• AOdell79
    AOdell79 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Also sometimes I order off the kids menu when I go since the portions are smaller and its cheaper. They always have healthy options for kids usually with carrots and apples etc.
  • ZeroDelta
    ZeroDelta Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My husband and I are huge Disney fanatics and are taking our daughter for her first birthday to Disney world in two weeks. It's also during food and wine festival so I'm so excited but nervous because I have been really focused on logging and eating healthy. How do I stay on track while on vacation? Does anyone have

Thank you!!

Have a great time! It's a vacation. Enjoy yourself and do better when you get back. If you eat 10,000 extra calories during the week that's about 3 pounds. Make the memory with the kid and dump the extra pounds when you get back. The thing to remember is this is an exception not the rule. If it becomes the rule that's when the problems begin.
  • dlockhart1955
    dlockhart1955 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I hope your trip went well. I love Disney and looking for other Disney nuts. Please add me if you would like.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I would totally just enjoy Disney and not worry about tracking calories! Other times that I have gone to Disney world when I was not even trying to lose weight, I lost weight just because of all the activity! But I tend not to eat out for every meal just because of the cost (we bring sandwiches or granola bars or whatever) and we just walked sooo much. Plus it's only a few days... if I gained 5 pounds, it would be worth it to me! We are hoping to plan a trip for Christmas 2016 and I'm already so excited!!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone! My husband and I are huge Disney fanatics and are taking our daughter for her first birthday to Disney world in two weeks. It's also during food and wine festival so I'm so excited but nervous because I have been really focused on logging and eating healthy. How do I stay on track while on vacation? Does anyone have

Thank you!!

Last year when I was in Ireland, I didn't track the whole time. I also had treats every single day in addition to my regular meals. I didn't gain any weight, which was probably because I was moving so much and was unconsciously keeping to my maintenance calories.
  • Dawn410
    Dawn410 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    There are seemingly healthy options, although I don't know the nutritional info. Columbia Harbor House in magic kingdom has vegetarian chili that is tasty, and a salmon meal as well. I usually eat one of those. Cosmic Ray's has rotisserie chicken. Several snacks carts have hummus and veggies, fruits, etc.

Really, you can just Google "Healthy Eating at Disney world " and you will get a lot of suggestions.

But don't be too strict. Have a mickey bar and a dole whip and enjoy every last delicious ounce. Oh, and grab a mickey rice Krispy treat as well. Those things are divine!
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I went to WDW in April for a week, pretty much ate what I wanted (including the German buffet and Drinking Around the World in EPCOT), and I lost 2.5 pounds. Lots of walking, and drank plenty of water (especially when enjoying adult beverages!). Every place I ate at (quick service or full service) provided me with a cup of ice water at meals. Say hi to Mickey for me! :)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I'm going in May next year and I plan not to track. First holiday in two years and I know I eat more infrequently on holiday generally so I have more to play with when I do eat. Then there's all the walking. And it's once in two years and will likely be the first time I haven't tracked in over a year (I started seriously in April this year). Even now when I have a splurge meal and track it, I eat a lot less than I used to and I know I can get straight back on the wagon.

With all that said, ask me again in six months!