What's your motivation?

So, I've always been interested in this. What's your motivation to get healthy? Something that you're excited to achieve that keeps you motivated. Maybe an outfit that you have hanging from your closet that you will be able to wear? Something that you want to be able to do? Let me know!

Once I meet my target, I'll be applying to be a suicide girl. Because why the f*** not!

Replies

• cgisme2014
    cgisme2014 Posts: 18 Member
    I went to the doctor and was told that I have a twenty plus percent chance of dying of stroke or heart attack in next ten years. She had my old higher weight down and after adjustment it appears that if I lose some more weight I will live longer. Intestingly I will increase my longevity more by losing the weight than stopping smoking so it was a no brainer
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    I don't have motivation, just good habits. Well, okay, I can't wait to go to the gym today because I'm going to knit while I'm on the recumbent bike. Knitting is my motivation today.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Not really doing it for health. I just wanna get shredded.
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    I don't want to be fat anymore.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    I got my wedding pictures back and looked fat in them. I can't redo them, but I can make sure that in future pictures, I look like myself again.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    I have a closet full of clothes that no longer fit. I was maintaining a 90 lb weight loss for a few years and in the last 3 years have put on about 20-30lbs (I seem to play with the same 10lbs). I'm 53 yrs old and also don't want to be that person who has trouble walking and waddles. Right now that motivation is pretty low, but I refuse to give up.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    To be a bad a** at my chosen sports.
  • goodxgirl
    goodxgirl Posts: 5 Member
    I've never been to the beach. I really want to be able to put on a bikini and feel good about myself. So that's my motivation.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    It's pretty much all about health and wellness for me. I am 51 yo and I don't want to become frail or weak or groan every time I move or stand up. I don't want to pop a handful of pills everyday just to exist. I want to live life to the fullest as long as possible. I want to be shocked when I look in the mirror by the wrinkles that belie the way I feel. If it also makes me look better, great. But looking good is not the motivation. I'd rather feel good than look good.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    My clothes didn't fit, my blood pressure was high, and anxiety and depression were bad. Exercising and eating better has helped all of these things. After a few months of slipping back into bad habits, I want to get back to how I was feeling this time last year.
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    0000848344_350.jpg

;)
  • MarinaSmithx3
    MarinaSmithx3 Posts: 38 Member
    votkuhr wrote: »
    0000848344_350.jpg

;)

Right there with you!

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    SuggaD wrote: »
    To be a bad a** at my chosen sports LIFE

Also, I like @Need2Exerc1se's response. Being healthy and in good shape physically surely will help with aging.
  • ohmyllama
    ohmyllama Posts: 161 Member
    I want to be able to go on vacation next year and wear a sexy bathing suit for once in my life. This year, I was the fattest person on the entire beach. It was awful. Next year I want to be looking good!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    I'm 60 and I want to be the weight I was in high school and exercise fit as well, for the next 4 decades :smile: . I'm at my high school weight but I'm aiming for the lower one. I exercise 6 days a week and have a physical job that I can do with ease.
  • serpentinetales
    serpentinetales Posts: 5 Member
    I am hoping to finally ween my daughter next year and I want to buy all new non-nursing clothes that are form fitting. I am also so tired of looking fat and frumpy. I am so tired of being a round the clock milk machine with no energy or sex appeal. Pregnancy at 40 really took a toll on me and recovery took over a year. I have at least 20 pounds to lose to look ok but want to lose 40. I want to feel good about my body and be a good role model for my daughter .
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    SuggaD wrote: »
    To be a bad a** at my chosen sports LIFE

Also, I like @Need2Exerc1se's response. Being healthy and in good shape physically surely will help with aging.

Love this! :-)
  • KingsGirl4
    KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
    My new motivation is Money $$$$

My bills have been pretty high in the recent months and so I noticed eating out is very costly. So that alone is a huge motivator for me to eat at home. I'll be eating healthier and saving money!
  • KingsGirl4
    KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
    edited October 2015
    I'd rather feel good than look good.

I also have to agree that I want to FEEL good. I don't "care" about the appearance aspect since before I lost weight, I already loved myself for what I looked like. The appearance is an added benefit but it's more important to ALWAYS love what you look like.

After eating clean for months and then eating junk again, I absolutely HATE the feeling of not eating clean. Yuck! Just being able to feel good is also a great motivator!
  • takingcareofus
    takingcareofus Posts: 68 Member
    I want to fit into the clothes of mine that I like.
    I want to get clothing that I may not have to alter.
    Even if I look at all the clothes in a store, the ones that I like don't come in my size.
    I want to look in the mirror and think I look good and feel energized from working out and feeling attractive!
    I want the aches to lessen rather than be exacerbated.
    I want to play sports with my kids and be willing to run to get the ball rather than staying in my place.
    I want to feel strong.
    I want to feel I can control myself around food in my pantry or leftovers. At this very moment, I'm famished (crazy day) but am scared to hit the kitchen in case I indulge rather than making healthy choices.
    I want to save more money by avoiding binges.
    I want to bend over and tie my shoelaces without any ginger maneuvering or grunting.
    I want to walk behind someone's chair and not get stuck.
    I want that food should be less about emotion and more about fuel.
    Who relates?