maintain after weight gain diet

Options
Hello! So after a restrictive eating period resulting in just bad things, I decided to regain some weight back. After 4 months of doubling the amount of calories I was consuming (when restricting), I am now on my goal weight. However I don't know how to make it stop there. Should I continue eating the same amount? should I restrict? This always seems to be my problem. When I started restricting and reached my goal weight I didn't know how to keep it like that so I continued loosing. Now I don't know hot to stop gaining. What makes it even harder is that I don't measure weight gain by scales but my size. I do this because I have started weight lifting.. and don't want to get stuck on low numbers but high body fat percentage. Any advice? I do count calories and know my start weight...

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Put your stats in to MFP to maintain and eat to that calorie amount for a month. Eat your exercise back too ( 50-75%).
    Adjust your calories up or down to get to the number that holds maintenance for you.
    You may find it good to give yourself a 5 lb variation range. Most in maintenance do.

If you have to change your calories a lot for maintenance do it gradually so you can mentally and physically adjust.

Cheers, h.