The 1200 calorie limit is too high for me

13»

Replies

• zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    zcb94 wrote: »
    I see that everyone else's feedback helped the OP, but just have to chime in to agree with the idea that the suggested limit can be way too much. Due to limited mobility, my nutritionist ordered me to stick with a calorie count that I won't mention here due to MFP rules. Everyone is different!
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that my doctor is a bona fide expert on all things health, and wrote an awesome book on low-carb life. I hope she and I can slowly increase my intake when I lose a little more weight. It was my fault for not saying that. Sadly, being permanently confined to a wheelchair takes away the use of less than half of my muscles, so running it off isn't an option. Now I see what you mean. Sorry again. *backs away slowly, embarrassed.*
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    I see that everyone else's feedback helped the OP, but just have to chime in to agree with the idea that the suggested limit can be way too much. Due to limited mobility, my nutritionist ordered me to stick with a calorie count that I won't mention here due to MFP rules. Everyone is different!
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that my doctor is a bona fide expert on all things health, and wrote an awesome book on low-carb life. I hope she and I can slowly increase my intake when I lose a little more weight. It was my fault for not saying that. Sadly, being permanently confined to a wheelchair takes away the use of less than half of my muscles, so running it off isn't an option. Now I see what you mean. Sorry again. *backs away slowly, embarrassed.*

You said nutritionist, then doctor. Which is it as the two are far from the same.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Technically, both. Dr. C is a really talented, friendly RD (Registered Dietitian)!
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Technically, both. Dr. C is a really talented, friendly RD (Registered Dietitian)!

Registered Dietitians and nutritionists are two different things.
    RDs are regulated and, in Canada anyway, need to have at least Bachelor degrees in nutrition, often Masters or Doctorates.
    Nutritionists are not regulated. In a lot of places, I could go take a weekend seminar somewhere then set up shop as a nutritionist.
    Obviously, I don't know about every country's regulations though...
    Glad you are seeing a good one!
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    I do not think it the app is flawed, or not in tune to short people.. I think it was the expectation to be able to lose 1 lb a week so close to goal weight. No matter what height you are, your weight loss is going to be a lot slower the closer to goal weight you are.