Need ideas for an easy/healthy dinner that travels nicely...

jtuch10
jtuch10 Posts: 3
edited September 21 in Recipes
I'm visiting my best girlfriend Wednesday evening so the kiddies can get together and play. Instead of doing the normal, ordering out like we've done in the past, I have offered to bring something for us to munchy on. My goal is something that doesn't present as "I'm dieting" and my friend will still thoroughly enjoy. It also has to be something that travels easily as I have about a 30 minute ride for our visit.

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated! I love to cook and enjoy new recipes/challenges! Thanking you in advance!

Replies

• surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Is grilling an option? Burgers or hot dogs for the kids, chicken (shishkabob maybe?) for the adults?
  • LisaKC
    LisaKC Posts: 328 Member
    Check out the Cooking Light website. They usually have great seasonal suggestions.

Or try wraps. Get some Flat Out flatbread, and a variety of stuffings (cooked chicken, cheese, and lots of veggies), and let everyone make their own. You can avoid the high-cal, high-fat stuff, and let your friend enjoy whatever she wants. Take some fruit (it is summer), and maybe make wine spritzers and you've got a party! Hope this helps.
  • jtuch10
    jtuch10 Posts: 3
    Kiddies are still on the baby food for the most part so that is not an issue at this time but shishkabobs are a great idea for the adults! I have some chicken thawing now! Thanks for the feedback :)
This discussion has been closed.