Looking for friends who are working towards fitness goals

Options
freesoul
freesoul Posts: 24 Member
Hi! I'm Alex, a 36 yr old female living in New West, BC, Canada. I like to run, do yoga and be in shape. Had a hard time with life lately, and didn't exercise, didn't watch my diet for the last several months...I put on almost 20 lbs and got rather out of shape. I recently started running again, did a half marathon yesterday and my worst time ever, and I am so sore that I can't move today (but gonna have to, I have to work! lol). Looking to get back in shape!!!

I am planning on: 1200 cals a day of GOOD FOOD until I reach my ideal running weight, increasing my water intake, strength training, running and cardio 5 times or so a week, maybe yoga classes.

I need friends for accountability and encouragement. I will log on every day or almost, reply to messages, and encourage you too, we can give each other tips etc...Not one of my friends and family are into a healthy lifestyle, so I could really use some support! preferably people like me, who aren't very overweigth but mostly working towards fitness-related goals.

Anyone??? thanks!

Replies

• BeyondApril
    BeyondApril Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi Alex,

Add me add me!!! I, too, fell off my healthy wagon!!! I live in Massachusetts, and over the past couple months have seen the waistbands getting a bit snug!!!

I love to run (but I don't do it too often), do Bikram yoga, and hit the gym. The problem is, I'm so damn busy sometimes it is easier to say, well, I'm in decent shape I can skip a day. Just today. Ok, maybe one more day. And another.

And now?? Well, I haven't even stepped on a scale in WEEKS so I know I need to shape up!

I have signed up for a Spartan Race on August 10. Never done one, and it looks challenging, so definitely need to get my rear in gear.

Now that child #3 has graduated high school and the party is over, maybe I can get back on track.

Let's do it!

April
  • chinatbag
    chinatbag Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You can add me up, I'm aiming for a certain body type by December. I don't know if it'll happen, but I'm trying for it.
  • SlimsLiftingMoreThanLipstick
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I don't fad diet and don't believe in fast easy fixes. I didn't give up anything but I certainly scaled back and believe in moderation with mostly clean eating. I have logged in for more than 500 days straight. I run,bike, do combat, and lift weights. I'm not here to lose any more weight but I started out to lose 30+ lbs and did it. Now I'm here to get lean & mean and I'm always setting new fitness goals. Good luck!
  • Lbean22
    Lbean22 Posts: 32
    Options
    Add me!!!
    As many people I have, I two have fallen off the wagon....unfortunately it is taking a lot to get me back there. I used to run 5k's a lot, did a few triathlons, danced and softball. Then I had kids and it seems I just forgot about myself there for a few years. I am ready to be ME again!!!
  • daswo
    daswo Posts: 6
    Options
    I would love to have you as a friend. I have about 10 lbs to lose. I just recently injured my knee which I am going to PT for. I'm not yet cleared to run, but hopefully soon. I cycle, hike, run, and lift.
  • freesoul
    freesoul Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    thanks to everyone who added me!

anyone else? I love commenting and receiving comments!
  • Amy4President
    Amy4President Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I used to run 5Ks a lot and was working towards running a half marathon. I was also doing yoga regularly. I do want to run a half marathon someday, but some extra weight needs to come off first. I'm hitting the gym 3 times a week, playing softball 2 times a week, and my Saturday job involves some heavy lifting and dancing (I'm a wedding DJ). Some extra motivation to hit the gym is always welcome!
  • briannw
    briannw Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add
  • CraigTorg
    CraigTorg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! Feel free to add me. I am not really that into running but one of my goals is to do a 5k. My body has taken a beating since high school and I feel like completing a race will help reassure me that my body can handle the work.