NSV-Diabetes

Options
Otter1422
Otter1422 Posts: 162 Member
So non scale victory for me today at the doctor's office, my doctor said I should go off all of my blood pressure and Diabetes medications and we will check labs in three months. Said diet and exercise were making the difference and he wished every patient he saw could have such success! Love, love, love it!

Replies

• _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    this is awesome. I to beat the diabetes monster, I bet you cant wait to get off the meds.

Congrats!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV. I hope I can post the same sometime. Keep up the great work and enjoy not taking those meds!
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Best NSV I've read in a while - congratulations!
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Better health NSVs are the best NSVs!! Good job!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Great job OP!:drinker:
  • graceisfree
    graceisfree Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thats so good to hear. Congratulations!
  • syedsaad
    syedsaad Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    congratulations .... thts awesome
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is big news!!!!!
  • shmatichka
    shmatichka Posts: 93
    Options
    I'm very happy for you :)
    Truly inspirational NSV!
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Oh, that's the BEST sort of news anyone can get!! Congratulations. I know you must feel like a new person. I went off my BP med and it made me feel so great. Please keep up the good work so you won't have to go back on them again. You have conquered some major enemies.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Aww!!!! *happy dance* GOOD FOR YOU! I don't even know you and I'm so proud!

I'm a type I diabetic (will never have the option of going off insulin), but I know how hard it is to get to where you are...

Uber-props.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That is an amazing achievement! I can't wait to be able to go off my BP and cholesterol meds.
  • fishbarn
    fishbarn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That is great news.
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Good for your, this diet and exercise DOES work! Tell your friends and family.
  • mclgo
    mclgo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Excellent news!! You are demonstrating a great goal for all of us. :bigsmile:
  • Destinee704
    Destinee704 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    So non scale victory for me today at the doctor's office, my doctor said I should go off all of my blood pressure and Diabetes medications and we will check labs in three months. Said diet and exercise were making the difference and he wished every patient he saw could have such success! Love, love, love it!

Great job! I am in the process of encouraging my mom and aunt to get off the blood pressure medication and for my mom finally not taking insulin daily upon eating healthier along with more exercise. Its a journey, but all worth it. Keep up the great work!
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    that is awesome!! its nice to see hard work pay off with more than just visual changes :)
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on getting off your meds! Keep up the great work!
  • JMRod
    JMRod Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Take that diabetes!

Getting off my blood pressure meds is one of my goals. I was able to get off my "happy pill" in May.
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Your hard work and accomplishment is truly commendable. Congrats on your success!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!