Keep gaining weight D:

Options
2»

Replies

• enichols619
    enichols619 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is only the 3rd day of using a food scale for me but so far I found out I was actually eating less than I thought I was, I am only getting in around 1500 calories a day. I'm wondering if it's simply hormones or something that is causing my weight fluctuation? Grr so frustrating!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    This is only the 3rd day of using a food scale for me but so far I found out I was actually eating less than I thought I was, I am only getting in around 1500 calories a day. I'm wondering if it's simply hormones or something that is causing my weight fluctuation? Grr so frustrating!

You need to open your diary. Something is wrong with your logging then.
  • enichols619
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

I opened it! The only thing I have not been weighing is my condiments, could they make that much of a difference? I also don't log my spices because they are dried and only 1-5 calories
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options

I opened it! The only thing I have not been weighing is my condiments, could they make that much of a difference? I also don't log my spices because they are dried and only 1-5 calories

Measure everything in grams, they are more precise as they are a smaller measurement. Also, make sure you're choosing corresponding gram options in your logging. Choosing the wrong entries makes a difference too.
  • enichols619
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »

Measure everything in grams, they are more precise as they are a smaller measurement. Also, make sure you're choosing corresponding gram options in your logging. Choosing the wrong entries makes a difference too.

Hm ok I'll do that.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Did you just start logging? It looks like the entries only go back a few days.
  • kami3006
    Options

Hm ok I'll do that.

If you haven't thought of it, the easy way for measuring stuff like butter is to put the tub on the scale and turn it on, or zero it out if it's already on, and scoop out what you need. The negative number is the grams you're using. It's just easier and less messy. :)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this has been covered or not but you have only 3 days in your diary, not sure how you would know if you were over eating. And I see some generic entries like the salisbury steak. Make sure you only use your recipes.
  • enichols619
    Options

Yes I just started logging on here, I was logging in a rough way just through writing it down and calculating my calories.
  • enichols619
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I'm not sure if this has been covered or not but you have only 3 days in your diary, not sure how you would know if you were over eating. And I see some generic entries like the salisbury steak. Make sure you only use your recipes.

I entered my own recipe there and then put that in the log. I only started logging on here when I started using the scale.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Yes I just started logging on here, I was logging in a rough way just through writing it down and calculating my calories.

Since non-rough logging is new to you, I would give this a few weeks before making any changes. There can be a huge difference between kinda-tracking and really tracking.

I spotted a couple of things that you might want to begin weighing (butter, mayo) in your journal and I saw a couple generic entries (for mashed potatoes, for example). Since everyone has a different recipe for things, you're better off avoiding those unless there is absolutely no better option.
  • enichols619
    Options

Hm ok I'll do that.

If you haven't thought of it, the easy way for measuring stuff like butter is to put the tub on the scale and turn it on, or zero it out if it's already on, and scoop out what you need. The negative number is the grams you're using. It's just easier and less messy. :)

That is a brilliant idea! I'll definitely start doing that! Thanks!
  • kami3006
    Options

Hm ok I'll do that.

That is a brilliant idea! I'll definitely start doing that! Thanks!

Welcome. I'm not the first to post it, just keeping it in circulation. :D
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I recommend weighing food too, but even if you don't, if you're gaining weight, you're eating too much... so just eat less.