50 pounds in a year.

Options
I've lost 50 pounds in the last year but I feel like a failure because its not more, I mean I am pround of myself but it should have been more. My goal weight is 122 by my birthday in July, o n I'm 5'3. Any advice?

Replies

• ttfnweight
    ttfnweight Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Yes! Quit beating yourself up! Be grateful for what you've done! That body that you are trying to change is doing everything for you everyday. Be kind to it. Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. Keep going! Don't quit! So you didn't make your goal, that doesn't mean it won't happen. It just means your body wasn't ready. Keep helping it. Love it. Be kind to it. Take good care of it, because it's the only one you'll ever get. Be patient, but be consistent, and IT WILL HAPPEN if you don't give up.
  • deescrafty
    deescrafty Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    50 LBs is huge! Pat yourself on the back and tell yourself you are ready to up your game.
  • Sapphires4me
    Sapphires4me Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    July is a very long ways away. Slow and steady. Believe in yourself. 122 is on the low end even for 5'3". Give yourself a healthy range. And remember it's not always about the number on the scale. If you are healthy and happy you will shine bright from the inside and then the number on the scale won't matter.
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race! Be proud of those 50 that you have lost, and keep on keepin on! ^_^
  • kimireasner1991
    kimireasner1991 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, add me
  • medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    50 pounds is AMAZING! My advice to you is enjoy your journey, and don't rush it. There is not deadline to your goal weight. Don't quit!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Girl... I would love to be able to say I lost 50# in one year. At this point... I have to lose 3# to break even this year (no loss, no gain). Take what you got and keep going! You didn't put the weight on in a year... so you can't expect to lose it all in a year. Great job so far... you'll get there... just keep going! Make it more about health and fitness than # on the scale.
  • crystalstinson7
    crystalstinson7 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I lost 50lbs in a year. Then I went on to lose 10 more to hit a weight of 122lbs. I'm 5'3". I'm back up to 130lbs right now because my body just didn't like being at 122lbs. It was a struggle to get there, and, obviously, not easy to maintain. Maintenance is a breeze at 135lbs. I've been trying to get back down for a couple of months now and it's kicking my tail. I held onto 2lbs FOREVER! I would like to be 125lbs. Since we have similar goals and achievements, I'm going to add you. I don't do much logging right now, but I plan on being more consistent as the winter approaches and I knuckle down in an attempt to lose those last 5lbs. I don't really have a deadline. Soon would be good! lol
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Think about it this way: 50 pounds in a year is almost a pound a week. That's pretty consistent, great progress!
  • ARC1603
    ARC1603 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Do something to remind you just how far you've come. Do you have any old clothes to try on that are either too big now Or that you can fit back into now? Do a side by side comparison of some Before and after photos. Make a list of all the things that have improved now you've lost all the weight.

You have done brilliantly to lose as much as you have done already and you're bound to lose even more by your birthday by keeping doing what you're doing. It doesn't matter when you get to your goal, what matters is that you get there eventually.

I've lost 22lbs since June and I've been guilty of feeling like I could have done more. But the difference between how I was six months ago compared to now is massive, not just my weight and how I look. It's my whole lifestyle, my fitness levels, my eating habits and my emotional well being. Yes I'm not quite where I'd like to be, but at least I'm not back where I was before.

Keep going, you're doing great!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    You should be proud. I have worked pretty hard since Jan 5th and have lost 35 and have 15-20 left to loose. Once you don't have as much to loose it goes much slower. I can tell a huge difference in myself now and don't ever want to go back to where I was. Also for how hard I have worked I don't want as much stomach as I still have either, so I know I am not done, and just need to keep doing what I have been doing. You can do it. Tell yourself you are worth it and you are strong. I probably haven't lost anything in 6 weeks, but we have also ate out too many times, too many birthdays and I could of made a lot of better choices. I am trying to buckle down now and do a lot better. I don't ever want to stop logging my food or exercising(although I still don't enjoy exercising) because I know I will gain it back. Don't stop doing what you're doing, don't be discouraged with yourself, you have done great and can continue doing it. Next year, who knows what you will loose if you keep it up.
    There are a lot of encouraging people on here, learn from then and you can be an encouragement to others.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!