Is Premium Worth It?

Options
Hey everyone, I've just started using this app again after years of not logging anything, and now they have this premium option for around $50 a year... Has anyone used this premium upgrade? Would you suggest it for any particular reasons?

Just as a background, I'm at my goal weight right now, mainly looking to transform fat to muscle and "tone" things up a bit. I count macros more specifically than calories, I meal prep and exercise around 6 days per week. So if someone has found any of these premium extras to be especially helpful, I would love to hear about it!

Thanks,
Erika

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I was contemplating purchasing premium so I could change my daily calorie goal as I like to cycle calories and I tend to 'bank' some for the weekend - so my goal changes regularly! Having said that, I wasn't prepared to pay that amount for it! :open_mouth:
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I think it is. I like tracking my micros. I really had no idea how little I got of some of them! No way to tell unless you track them.

It's a little more work, though! Labels don't include most of the micros, so you have to use USDA entries, which is a pain sometimes. It gets easier once you figure out how those people enter stuff. Since the calories on the USDA entries might be different than the ones I actually ate, I'm sometimes making calorie adjustments.

It would be so nice if the food companies would just tell everyone what is in the food. Just make it available. I don't know why they won't do that. What is the big secret?

But it's good info to have, IMO. If you can afford it, I vote Yea.
  • HowlinAl
    HowlinAl Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. What MFP is charging is obscene, and I see nothing of value in it, anyway. MFP's iOS app is already a buggy piece of crap, I'd be furious if I were paying for it.

If they expect me to pay, they need a product. The only thing of value here is the database and the forums, all created by us, the users, not MFP.
  • HowlinAl
    HowlinAl Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I think it is. I like tracking my micros. I really had no idea how little I got of some of them! No way to tell unless you track them.

I can track my macros just fine with the free option. In fact, I don't see how it can be made much easier.