Not hungry

Options
Newbie here. I know to gain weight is just to eat more but how do you do that when your hardly ever hungry? I'm no where near what my calorie intake should be.

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    High calorie/ low volume foods, shakes composed of whole milk, nut butters, oats, bananas....
    Nuts
    Nut butters
    Avocados
    Full fat dairy
    Fatty cuts of meat/ fish

Then it all comes down to just forcing yourself to get those calories in. You'll get used to it, but you gotta eat to gain size!(:
  • dallas_33
    dallas_33 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I get full with just a few bites, doesnt take much. I'll try again tomorrow. I can do it...I think lol
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    If you really want to gain weight you will find a way. It wont be easy, just like its not easy for people who are used to eating more to eat less. You are going to have to eat when you are not hungry and eat bigger meals than you are used to it. Make it a priority and you will make it.
  • dallas_33
    Options
    I'm only on day 2 but I'm feeling motivated. I'm not going to wait till I'm hungry. Lets see how it goes...
  • lisaloolovesblue
    lisaloolovesblue Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel- try to get six smaller meals in per day, rather than just three. I try to have breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, and evening snack.

Also, try to get a lot of healthy fats in. Nuts and nut butters, avocado, olive oil, etc. Also, cliff bars are pretty high in calories while still being fairly healthy.

I'm trying to maintain my weight, but keep losing, because I always have several hundred calories left at the end of the day, so I'm still figuring it out. But definitely having lots of little meals helps, because I get full so quickly!
  • dallas_33
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. I had the intentions this am of doing the frequent meals but got busy with work. The next thing I knew it was 2pm! Try again for day 3...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    just eat calorie dense foods that are high calorie but not that filling like ice cream, cookies, donuts, etc, but make sure that you meet your micro needs first with vegetables, chicken, fish, rice, etc….
  • dallas_33
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    just eat calorie dense foods that are high calorie but not that filling like ice cream, cookies, donuts, etc, but make sure that you meet your micro needs first with vegetables, chicken, fish, rice, etc….

Whats micro and, I think I read somewhere, macro too? I keep hearing about it. Certain foods? or a certain nutrient to look for? Thanks
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Macros are carbs, protein, and fats.
    Micros are the other stuff: vitamins, minerals, etc..

Aim to hit your macros and micro needs, then fill in the rest of your calories with high calorie low volume foods (ice cream, nut butters, nuts, brownies, chips, etc.).
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    xcalygrl wrote: »
    Macros are carbs, protein, and fats.
    Micros are the other stuff: vitamins, minerals, etc..

Aim to hit your macros and micro needs, then fill in the rest of your calories with high calorie low volume foods (ice cream, nut butters, nuts, brownies, chips, etc.).

this