Nebraska needs a push

Options
Hey all! I'm giving this a whirl (again) and gotta get back on track! Looked at myself in the mirror last night and didn't like what was looking back. That woman in the mirror isn't what I ever thought I'd be. That being said, I need some motivation to get myself back in check.... I was going hard with the fitness about 2 years ago. But, I stopped and the hardest thing to do is start again. Appreciate any tips, advice , beginner workouts, etc. anyone can give me!

Thanks for your support- Nicky in Nebraska

Replies

• sekotsjd
    sekotsjd Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Daniel in Nebraska! Lets be friends.
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I came back 35 days ago, after not being here for over a year. I gained back all that I lost and them some. I have been logging daily and exercising daily, and have already lost 14 lbs. Motivation comes from within, but the best thing to do is put on your sneakers and just start walking. Once you are moving, it is easy to keep going :) As to workouts, incorporate cardio with weight training. Whether you walk, run, bike or do a combination of all, just go out and start, and then pick up some weights. New rules of Lifting for Woman is an excellent resource as well as strong lifts 5x5. Good luck on your journey...feel free to add me as a friend, I am always looking for like minded people!
  • aspen1377
    aspen1377 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Another Nebraska gal here! Mom of 5 and looking for some support and a few buddies!
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Im in Nc but was from Fremont NE
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    The whole state? Because that would be difficult. ;)

Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • bodymindmusic
    bodymindmusic Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Born and raised HUSKER here! Day 108, 22 lbs & 13 inches down. I post and blog daily. Add me!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I'm in Iowa, but visit Nebraska almost weekly (I'm in the corner of IA, only 10 miles from MO and 40-50 miles from NE).