Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ok - what have I done????

I have a garmin vivofit 2, and I love it, but for some reason, when I sync it with mfp, it is actually taking calories away from my daily calorie goal. For example, my cal goal is 1750, and after my 10'000 steps, it's saying I have 1737! Is it because I'm not logging food at the minute? I've been eating away from home a lot lately, so instead of trying to track, I'm just eating very small portions and making sure I'm getting my steps in at least.

Have I reset something by accident?

Replies

• kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    What do you have your activity level set to? If you have it set very high, you may not actually be burning that many calories - and the vivofit adjustment is because of this.

Also, you can try unlinking MFP from your Garmin and then rejoining them. I was having some issues with my Fitbit and that did the trick. If you're using the mobile app, sometimes it helps to uninstall and then reinstall as well.
  • madlibscholar
    madlibscholar Posts: 30 Member
    A-ha!! That's what it is...I've reset to lightly active, because I walk every day, at least 6 days a week. That makes sense now. It's not taking that many calories away, so I'll leave it for a bit and see if it makes any difference. As long as I can still lose, I'm not all that bothered about whether or not I get calories back!

Thanks!