Lose calories at work?

Ok, so I've never been sure with this, but i have no clue how to include calorie loss with how much I do at work.
I'm a dishwasher, and there's quite a bit of strenuous activity that goes on. I have to move quickly with plates about 2 lbs each at least, and have to carry large stacks around the large kitchen multiple times throughout the night. I also have to collect every stations' trash and get it in the dumpster.

I figure it could be considered weight training more than anything, but I don't know how to log this kind of stuff? It's not like I can stop and time how long these things take me....

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    This should be included in your activity level.......not as exercise. Deliberate exercise is something you do to increase your fitness level.

I ride a desk for 40 hours a week - my activity level is set to sedentary. Then I log deliberate workouts on top of that.

Your job is not sedentary - pick something higher. You will get added calories. Then you can log deliberate workouts.....not an 8 hour shift.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    edited October 2015
    Rather than trying to track the activity (assuming you're working 5 days or more) per week update your activity level (Settings --> Diet/Fitness Profile) to lightly active or active (they suggest waiting tables as "active" so you you wouldn't be too far off)
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    TeaBea wrote: »
    This should be included in your activity level.......not as exercise. Deliberate exercise is something you do to increase your fitness level.

I ride a desk for 40 hours a week - my activity level is set to sedentary. Then I log deliberate workouts on top of that.

Your job is not sedentary - pick something higher. You will get added calories. Then you can log deliberate workouts.....not an 8 hour shift.

This... what you are describing is not specific exercise, but a modification of your activity level.