PSB Week 13 (New members always welcome)

Options
Welcome back ladies! I hope everyone had a fantastic week 12.

FITNESS CHALLENGE:

This week's fitness challenge is to choose one of the links below and follow the program for the week (hopefully you'll be inspired to follow the program all the way through to its completion). Each fitness program asks you to take an initial test to gauge your fitness level and then asks you to work out 3 days a week with rest days in between. If you are really ambitious you could pick more than one of the challenges and do them on alternate days! Post your daily progress and what you think of the program.

http://www.twohundredsitups.com/
http://www.twohundredsquats.com/index.html
http://hundredpushups.com/challenge.html

FOOD / HEALTH / LIFESTYLE CHALLENGE

Eat the recommended servings of fruit/veggies every day this week. For most of us that's most likely 5 servings daily, but you can input your info on the link below to make sure.

http://www.5aday.gov/

BONUS CHALLENGE

Recruit a male member to PSB. :laugh: They might not be interested in being called a Plus Size Barbie, so they can be Plus Sized Ken (or Plus Size GI Joe, I don't care). It would be awesome for a guy secure enough in his masculinity to join us. :wink:

Monday: Program chosen, reps, thoughts, servings of fruit/veggies
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:
Saturday:
Sunday:

Here is the traditional format for our weigh in data:

Weigh In: current weight
P.S.B Starting Weight: (your starting weight for Plus Size Barbies)
Week 1 Goal: (your goal weight for week 1) – Actual (Your weigh in weight)
Week 2 Goal: (your goal weight for week 1) – Actual (Your weigh in weight)
# lbs lost:
# lbs to go:
Week 3 Goal:

You'll see my weigh in data in one of the next few posts. By no means to you need to be that detailed! I choose to post a lot of extra details for my own personal records.

Replies

• Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    PSB Starting weight: 252.6 3/28/10
    Week 1 goal: 251.1 Actual: 250.7 on 4/4/10 (goal -1.5, actual -1.9)
    Week 2 goal: 249.2 Actual: 248.2 on 4/11/10 (goal -1.5, actual -2.5)
    Week 3 goal: 246.7 Actual: 246.9 on 4/18/10 (goal -1.5, actual -1.3)
    Week 4 goal: 245.2 Actual: 245.2 on 4/25/10 (goal -1.7, actual -1.7)
    Week 5 goal: 243.7 Actual: 243.3 on 5/2/10 (goal -1.5, actual -1.9)
    Week 6 goal: 242.2 Actual: 241.4 on 5/9/10 (goal -1.5, actual -1.9)
    Week 7 goal: 239.9 Actual: 238.5 on 5/16/10 (goal -1.5, actual -2.9)
    Week 8 goal: 237.0 Actual: 236.6 on 5/23/10 (goal -1.5, actual -1.9)
    Week 9 goal: 235.1 Actual: 234.1 on 5/30/10 (goal -1.5, actual -2.5)
    Week 10 goal: 232.6 Actual: 231.9 on 6/6/10 (goal -1.5, actual -2.2)
    Week 11 goal: 230.4 Actual: 230.4 on 6/13/10 (goal -1.5, actual -1.5)
    Week 12 goal: 228.9 Actual: 228.4 on 6/20/10 (goal -1.5, actual -2.0)
    # lbs lost: 24.2
    # lbs to go: 58.4
    Week 13 goal: 226.9 (-1.5)

Leaving for Knoxville again on Tuesday. Funny thing is, I've been eating more healthy when I travel than at home lately. I spend more time away! When I'm only home for 2-3 days I never find the time for grocery shopping.
  • tinabosquez
    tinabosquez Posts: 107
    Options
    I will wait until you post cuz I am already confused!! lol
  • gnme4243
    gnme4243 Posts: 120
    Options
    Ooh! Sounds fun! I'll look over the options and post tomorrow! Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • Yurippe
    Options
    I will wait until you post cuz I am already confused!! lol

Well, crap. Sorry. Shoot me a message with whatever you don't get and I'll try to explain it more clearly. :cry:
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    question, i'm doin the insanity program so i work out 6days a wk. do i need 2 choose the additional program on top of that? <confused> :huh:
  • Yurippe
    Options
    question, i'm doin the insanity program so i work out 6days a wk. do i need 2 choose the additional program on top of that? <confused> :huh:

You don't HAVE to do anything. :laugh:

If a challenge doesn't work for you, you're not required to do it. Sometimes a challenge gets posted that someone can't do so they come up with their own.
  • GooBeGone
    Options
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok, gooooootcha! SWEET!! i'll post my stuff 2morrow. sundays r a bit busy. lol. yeah, my programs r gonna consist of 1 round of insanity, 2 rounds of p90x & while doin p90x i'll b joggin b/c i'll b trainin 4 a half-marathon in december. hehehe. :tongue:

so i'll just skip the workout programs in the meantime LOL!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I guess I don't get those programs. Is it 200 sits up a week or 200 sit ups 3 times a week? I wish it could have been last week since I did 320 sit ups with my trainer on Friday. We are focusing on core right now since hell I lost more inches off my arms then my waist and that just isn't right.
  • Yurippe
    Options
    I guess I don't get those programs. Is it 200 sits up a week or 200 sit ups 3 times a week? I wish it could have been last week since I did 320 sit ups with my trainer on Friday. We are focusing on core right now since hell I lost more inches off my arms then my waist and that just isn't right.

Open one of the links and read about the program. It helps build you up to being capable of 200 consecutive exercises like Couch to 5K builds you up to being capable of running 3.1 miles without stopping. You do a little more each week and build up your strength.

Below description posted directly from the situp website:

"If you're serious about increasing your core strength, follow this six week training program and you'll soon be on your way to completing 200 consecutive sit-ups!

Think there's no way you could do this? I think you can! All you need is a good plan, plenty of discipline and about 30 minutes a week to achieve this goal!

No doubt some of you can already do 100 consecutive sit-ups, but let's face it, you're in a big minority. Most of you reading this won't even be able to manage 20 sit-ups. Actually, I'm sure many of you can't even do 10.

However, it really doesn't matter which group you fall into. If you follow the progressive sit-ups training program, I'm positive you'll soon be able to do 200 sit-ups!"

I'm not going to post the entire site, but escentially you take an initial test to see how many consecutive exercises you are capable of. That determines at which week in the program you can start. You might be able to skip Week 1 if you are already past the fitness level and that week wouldn't be a challenge for you.
  • GooBeGone
    Options
    ok, i think i got this. since i'm startin with PSB in the 13th wk, that's where i'll begin.

PSB Starting weight: 229 - 21 June 2010
    # lbs lost: 8.6
    # lbs to go: 69
    Week 13 goal: 227 (goal -2)

hehe, 4got the other part :tongue:

Monday:insanity program, 2 servings of fruit/ 2.5 cups of veggies
    Tuesday:
    Wednesday:
    Thursday:
    Friday:
    Saturday:
    Sunday:

i'm also thinkin of doin a personal goal each wk. this wk's goal is 2 get thru the insanity programs warmup w/o stoppin LOL! :laugh:
  • NancyMoedt
    NancyMoedt Posts: 207
    Options
    Hello All,

It was a good weekend and I think I am starting to build more muscle. I did weigh in today and I am higher but that's okay. I feel good about what I did last weekend. Have a good week all.

Here's the rundown:

Monday:twohundredsquats, 2, servings of fruit/veggies 4
    Tuesday:
    Wednesday:
    Thursday:
    Friday:
    Saturday:
    Sunday:

Here is the traditional format for our weigh in data:

Starting weight: 245
    Week 1: goal- None - Actual- Unknown
    Week 2: goal- 240 Actual- 239.4
    Week 3: goal- 238 Actual- 240.6
    Week 4: goal- 235 Actual- 234.8
    Week 5: goal- 233 Actual 236.2 - End of April
    Week 6: goal - 230 - Actual 235.4
    Week 7: goal - 233 - Actual 230.8
    Week 8: goal - 228 - Actual 228.0
    Week 9: goal - 226 - Actual 236.0
    Week 10: goal - 230 - Actual 231.4 - End of May
    Week 11: goal - 225 - Actual 226.2
    Week 12: goal - 220 - Actual -221.6
    Week 13: Start - 226.4 - Actual -
    # lbs lost: 18.6
    # lbs to go: 76.4
    Week 14: goal - 219

*New weigh in day - Mondays*
    Holy crap Nancy, you are a machine. I don't physically think I could walk that far in a day. Amazing job! You deserve to be proud of yourself.

One question though... What in the world is up with 1.86411 miles? :laugh:
    Monday: Walked: 1.86411 mi.
    Tuesday: Walked: 1.86411 mi.
    Wednesday: Walked: 1.86411 mi.
    Thursday: Walked: 1.86411 mi.

I was walking the same amount in kilometers and that's what it worked out to in miles. =)
  • kizzym
    kizzym Posts: 250
    Options
    NancyMoedt - HEY is that a nkotb weight loss ticker i see as your signature??? not sure with the tiny pix but it looks like them...sorry if i mistaken...lol
  • NancyMoedt
    NancyMoedt Posts: 207
    Options
    NancyMoedt - HEY is that a nkotb weight loss ticker i see as your signature??? not sure with the tiny pix but it looks like them...sorry if i mistaken...lol

Yes it is. I'm trying to get to Danny (who is my fave). I need to lose about 100lbs to go on their cruise next year. :happy:

Here is the full pic:

Needtogettohere-1.jpg
  • kizzym
    kizzym Posts: 250
    Options
    wow that is sooo AWESOME!! lol...i been a fan of them since 1989...and i went to my first concert of them i think it was either last year or the year before that when they were in tulsa touring with the jaberwockees...it was a memorable one and i took footage of the concert....i was soooo horrified when they broke up a LONG time ago...but psyched that they're back together....my fave one is jordan he always has been lol
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    Weigh In: 202
    Starting Weight: 226

Week 10: goal - 203 Actual 204
    Week 11: goal - 200 Actual 204
    Week 12: goal - 200 Actual 202
    # lbs LOST: 24
    # lbs TO GO: 62 lbs to go
    Week 13: goal 200

Monday:two hundred situps, 3 servings of veggies
    Tuesday:
    Wednesday:
    Thursday:
    Friday:
    Saturday:
    Sunday:
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    quote of the day "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful." Albert Schweitzer
  • tinabosquez
    tinabosquez Posts: 107
    Options
    Girls, this week, I am just going to keep riding my bike and walking on my new treadmill. I figure if I do both everyday, I should see some results by the next weigh in.......

Weigh In:
    Starting weight - 297.5
    Week 1: goal - 295.5 Actutal - 295.2
    Week 2: goal - 294.5 - Actual 294.2
    Week 3: goal - 290.5 - Actual 294
    Week 4: goal - 292 - Actual 300
    Week 5: goal - 298.5 - Actual 298 (thank you Jesus!)
    Week 6: goal - 295 - Actual 294.4
    Week 7: goal 292.4 - Actual 294.0
    Week 8: goal 292 - actual 294.0
    Week 9: goal 292- actual 292.2

# lbs lost : 5.3
    #lbs to go: 92.2
  • Yurippe
    Options
    Didn't have a chance to start the challenge yet this week and really don't plan on doing much more than sleep for the rest of the day. I promise there is a good reason...

The last 24 hours really couldn't get much worse (let's hope I didn't just jinx myself). A tornado hit my condo complex last night while I was packing for Knoxville, after the tornado passed I had to drive around the trees in the streets to get to my mom's house (she was home alone with a broken leg) where the basement was flooding, came home and finished packing in the dark because the power was out, and then got about 2 hours of sleep before leaving for the airport. To add insult to injury I find out that I got my period when I checked in to my hotel. I'm on depo and this is the second time I've had a period in over two years. It only comes when I'm under extremely high stress. I think this qualifies.

I care about you guys and would appreciate if you took the time to read this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/103015-tornado-warning-sirens
  • Jamie_W
    Jamie_W Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA - I work from home and when the weekend comes I dont like to get on the pc for any reason. Anyway, i will try to do something this week, anything is better than what I have done. (which is nothing) I will get out of my rut and join the fun i guess i need a swift kick in the booty to get started. i am trying - but as i always heard the path to hell is paved with good intentions - so i guess i better just get up and get to it!

personal goal this week: walk at least 2 days & drink more water (even if it is the addin flavored water)

Jamie
  • Jamie_W
    Jamie_W Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Didn't have a chance to start the challenge yet this week and really don't plan on doing much more than sleep for the rest of the day. I promise there is a good reason...

The last 24 hours really couldn't get much worse (let's hope I didn't just jinx myself). A tornado hit my condo complex last night while I was packing for Knoxville, after the tornado passed I had to drive around the trees in the streets to get to my mom's house (she was home alone with a broken leg) where the basement was flooding, came home and finished packing in the dark because the power was out, and then got about 2 hours of sleep before leaving for the airport. To add insult to injury I find out that I got my period when I checked in to my hotel. I'm on depo and this is the second time I've had a period in over two years. It only comes when I'm under extremely high stress. I think this qualifies.

I care about you guys and would appreciate if you took the time to read this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/103015-tornado-warning-sirens

GLAD YOU ARE OKAY!!!!