Looking for support to make this diet be my LAST!

Options
I feel like my life is a constant diet. I'm fairly good at it but I feel like I always stop halfway to my goal weight. But not this time. I signed up for a new gym, I'm counting points, and honestly other than just "loosing weight", I just want to be healthy!! But having some extra support really helps! So please add me if you feel you are in the same boat and I will encourage you guys too!

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    First stop using the word "diet" as if it is only temporary. My diet is simply what I eat. Change your attitude toward food and eating and focus on your health. I am not dieting but am eating at a calorie deficit to lose some weight. The food that I am eating will not change only the quantity will change slightly when I reach my goal weight.
  • veronicagerini
    veronicagerini Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I totally understand you. For me it has always be food=trouble. I simply love eating and food and that pushed me to always keep an eye on what i ate, how much, how many times etc etc... But since two years ago, i found a good balance between food and exercise! But now i would like to really push more and reach the weight I would love to loose! Let s push it!
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    First stop using the word "diet" as if it is only temporary. My diet is simply what I eat. Change your attitude toward food and eating and focus on your health. I am not dieting but am eating at a calorie deficit to lose some weight. The food that I am eating will not change only the quantity will change slightly when I reach my goal weight.

Exactly. Stop going on a "diet" and simply change the way you eat and move. Eat less, and move more...Best of luck.
  • rstrength012
    rstrength012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you can afford $7, I highly suggest buying Dr. Phil's kindle edition of his book the 20/20 Diet. I read it and it changed my thinking from "oh I'm going on a diet to I'm changing my lifestyle to include exercising more an eating clean and healthy foods. That are less calories to lose weight." He is surprisingly motivating in the book and actually made me realize that every time I "stopped dieting" or had a cheat day was because I lived to eat instead of eating to live. You have to change your attitude towards food to a healthy one.
  • Melgibbs
    Melgibbs Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I think the word diet has so much baggage and chains attached to it. It's a lifestyle. I had to break free of those chains and lay down the law that once I hit my goal nothing will change. A diet is short term. A lifestyle is for life.