TMI kinda question...

Options
Does anyone out there have and use a squatty potty? If so, what is your impression of it? Does it upgrade your bathroom game?

Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Ponkeen wrote: »
    Does anyone out there have and use a squatty potty? If so, what is your impression of it? Does it upgrade your bathroom game?

A what now? An expensive stool? Looks like a waste of money.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I personally never have but I have heard from multiple friends that have used squat toilets on vacation to other countries and loved them. Much more "natural feel" and erm..cleaner than sitting.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    You could always try something cheap like a cardboard box kid's stool. I mean, i'ts in the bathroom for doing bathroom business. Does it really need to be fancy and expensive? ;)
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    You could always try something cheap like a cardboard box kid's stool. I mean, i'ts in the bathroom for doing bathroom business. Does it really need to be fancy and expensive? ;)

That's what I was thinking.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Upgrade it how?
    Are you having problems producing adequate bowel movements?
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I have lived in parts of the world where toilets are built into the floor with places for your feet. Only the handicapped stalls have "western" toilets. I was usually too worried about balancing in that position, without peeing on my pants to properly relax. I once had to go into a stall to help my mother up, that might have influenced my fears.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    ahhhhh. Someone want to explain this to me? Are your legs to short to reach the floor or something?
  • Nebrie
    Nebrie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've used several while in Japan. Also, I've squatted many times while camping. It made no difference for me. I had to go. I did my business. I left. Given the choice, I'd choose western style.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    Just hover over the regulation height bowl. Great for your quads.
  • MsJulesRenee
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    ahhhhh. Someone want to explain this to me? Are your legs to short to reach the floor or something?

It helps everything move out easier. When you are sitting with your feet on the ground your colon kinks making it harder to push and get everything out. LOL Oh man, this it too much TMI...
  • kk_inprogress
    Options

It helps everything move out easier. When you are sitting with your feet on the ground your colon kinks making it harder to push.

Fiber. It's your friend.
  • MsJulesRenee
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

It helps everything move out easier. When you are sitting with your feet on the ground your colon kinks making it harder to push.

Fiber. It's your friend.

I don't personally use it! haha, I have no problems
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    This is the best commercial that the world has ever made. Having said that, I have no interest in buying this product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbYWhdLO43Q

OMG!!! SNORT!!!!
  • kk_inprogress
    Options

Fiber. It's your friend.

Yeah, me neither....
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options

Fiber. It's your friend.

Yes
  • MsJulesRenee
    Options

Fiber. It's your friend.

Yeah, me neither....

Good to know :)
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    So scrunching your knees toward your chest is supposed to make you poop easier?

Um. OK.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    So scrunching your knees toward your chest is supposed to make you poop easier?

Um. OK.

I thought that was just for when you're in labor.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Upgrade? Wut?
    OUC0J.gif