Arctic zero?

Options
2»

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Try out halo top. Has wayyyy better reviews for its taste. A little more calories, but still only 240 for the whole pint. Whole foods and sprouts usually carries it. Also, the artic zero is good if you spice it up a little with cinnamon, cocoa, SF syrup, baked quest bar crushed and crumbled on top, or use it in a smoothie to add texture and taste with fruit/ protein powder....etc.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Not a fan but I have seen it at Sprouts, Smiths, etc. It's really not hard to find. I prefer Halo Top which is a little harder to find at least in all available flavors. They were giving away samples at the Olympia this year and the rep said they had revamped some flavors so maybe it's better now but not enough IMO, I tried the cookie dough at the expo and I ate the small container but I still have not purchased any.
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    VegasFit wrote: »
    Not a fan but I have seen it at Sprouts, Smiths, etc. It's really not hard to find. I prefer Halo Top which is a little harder to find at least in all available flavors. They were giving away samples at the Olympia this year and the rep said they had revamped some flavors so maybe it's better now but not enough IMO, I tried the cookie dough at the expo and I ate the small container but I still have not purchased any.

Totally agree! Halo top is a little creamier and is worth the extra calories...Ive tried Lemon Cake, Vanilla, Strawberry and Chocolate but have trouble finding the other flavors.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    amillenium wrote: »

Totally agree! Halo top is a little creamier and is worth the extra calories...Ive tried Lemon Cake, Vanilla, Strawberry and Chocolate but have trouble finding the other flavors.

Right! Only flavor I haven't tried is the chocolate mocha chip. I've never seen that in a store. The birthday cake and chocolate mint are my faves but most stores seem to carry the flavors you mentioned which are also good. All this Halo talk is going to have me stopping to get some tonight!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Never dared trying Artic Zero. I kinda like Halo Top but really don't recommend eating the whole pint, I learned the hard way... Only tried vanilla but it's too expensive for me. I'd splurge on birthday cake but I haven't seen it anywhere.
  • amillenium
    Options

Right! Only flavor I haven't tried is the chocolate mocha chip. I've never seen that in a store. The birthday cake and chocolate mint are my faves but most stores seem to carry the flavors you mentioned which are also good. All this Halo talk is going to have me stopping to get some tonight!

Im an ice cream junkie--if I didn't have halo top I would be plowing into the bryers with my kids after dinner...and I want a good sized serving too!

There are a few stores around here that carry it that I haven't been to--so hope to try the other flavors soon. :)
  • Francl27
    Options
    I must be the only one but I like Edy's slow churned much more than Breyer's.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I do this with the Vanilla Maple flavor and it is perfect! I like volume :) and teeny tiny scoop of something super premium just wont cut it for me.

Same thing exactly for me!

At least you like the flavor. I still would take quality over quantity.

You can get some lower calorie ice creams from Turkey Hill, Breyers, & Edy's & have 3-4 servings.

Hasn't Arctic Zero come under fire for having way off calorie counts?
  • amillenium
    Options
    I do this with the Vanilla Maple flavor and it is perfect! I like volume :) and teeny tiny scoop of something super premium just wont cut it for me.

You can get some lower calorie ice creams from Turkey Hill, Breyers, & Edy's & have 3-4 servings.

Having a 4 servings of Breyers' is like a third of my days calories. I like the vanilla maple flavor and find it creamy enough for my tastes but the other flavors are too 'watered down' to me.

My understanding is that the calorie count per serving is fine for Artic Zero, I think the issue is the claim that the whole container is a certain number of calories which is not always the case.

• BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    i use Arctic Zero too
    And sometimes i make a mix Huge scoop Arctic with some delux other brand or real Italian gelato with it. Works perfect for me.
    I like the chocolate Arctic Zero

95069916.png
  • Francl27
    Options

Having a 4 servings of Breyers' is like a third of my days calories. I like the vanilla maple flavor and find it creamy enough for my tastes but the other flavors are too 'watered down' to me.

My understanding is that the calorie count per serving is fine for Artic Zero, I think the issue is the claim that the whole container is a certain number of calories which is not always the case.

I don't like Breyer's. But I definitely don't need 4 servings of Edy's slow churned to be satisfied.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    http://www.today.com/id/48596412/ns/today-today_news/t/rossen-reports-can-you-believe-diet-frozen-dessert-labels/

If you're referring to this, I believe Arctic Zero released some lab results in response.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I actually enjoy Arctic Zero a lot considering you can eat an entire pint for 150 calories and sometimes I need to feel like I'm indulging and eating a ton just to keep my sanity and prevent an actual binge. My favorite is their chunky cookie dough pint (TONS of cookie dough pieces and chocolate chips!!!). That being said, if you're going to go for one of their higher calorie (300) chunky pints, then I would strongly recommend Halo Top since they're around 240-280 and a billion times better. Both are expensive, though, so if it's something you're looking for that you can do a lot I would suggest maybe a Slow Churned flavor from Edy's, Frozen Yogurt, or some other low calorie ice cream out there. You can even make your own version of Arctic Zero by using protein powder (assuming you have some) and blending it with ice and water (or milk) and then freezing it.

Oh, and to actually answer your question it all depends on your location (I believe they have a store locator on their website). The Walmart closest to my house stopped carrying them a while ago, but I can still find them in Safeway, Shoprite, Wegmans, and other bigger grocery stores with the other ice creams (except for Wegmans, where it's hidden away with their gluten free stuff for some reason). I also notice some stores carry more flavors than others; I can only find their Chunky pint of Cookie Dough at a certain Shoprite near my house, I've been to other Shoprites that don't have any Arctic Zero products at all! Really hit or miss sometimes!