Changing Calories, FitBit plus additional exercise!

Options
Could someone please explain to me why it is when I add any additional exercise ontop of my Fitbit (already syncing with MFP) that it adjusts my calories burned to a lower number?!

Example tonight I added my dinner & evening snack, finish my water intake let my Fitbit & MFP sync..

I had 26,309 steps = 1606 calories burned then I added my daily bike commute to work & back 24 mins 10-12mph = 184 burned.

Then my Fitbit immediately drops to 1400 calories burned.

Can someone explain this?! Please! I'm feel dooped.

Replies

• cyronius
    cyronius Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Your Fitbit ultimately over-rides whatever you have in MFP.

If you tell MFP that you've done burnt 12,000 calories after a day of running a marathon, but you forgot to wear your Fitbit and it says you've only burnt 2,000 calories, then you'll get a -10,000 adjustment.

The answer is to enter your excercises in to Fitbit, not MFP. Then it will be included in the adjustment sent through to MFP
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    isn't the contrary, all activities added to fitbit will override the fitbit estimate?

so if I add a walk on MFP, this will override the cal estimate in the fitbit dashboard

in your case, the fitbit is estimating more cal burned, but when you add the activity through MFP, that are less than your fitbit estimate, your fitbit drops

you also don't need to add any exercise in fitbit, as the fitbit itself keeps monitoring your cal burned

example

fitbit estimates 2000 cal for your day, 1600 cal for steps, 400 cals for riding
    MFP estimates 186 for riding the bike, this overrides the 400, so instead of having 2000 you have 1786
  • jessicayockey
    jessicayockey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that helps.