30lb/a month, is it doable?

Options
Is it doable? If I eat breakfast only plus some running 5times a week.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Is it doable? If I eat breakfast only plus some running 5times a week.

Nope
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    That sounds like am utter recipe for disaster.
  • ol96x
    ol96x Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Lol you're gonna get banned
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Muscle loss and heart damage.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Do you weight 800+ pounds? Then maybe. Otherwise, no.

What's the hurry, anyway? If you lose quickly and then go back to your old eating habits, you'll just gain it all back plus some.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound possible. Even if you ate nothing.

But even if it was possible it wouldn't be healthy. Losing fat and muscle and likely hair and finger nails from lack of protein.

1-2 pounds a week, aim for that, not 6-7 a week.
  • ohmyllama
    ohmyllama Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    That would be scary crazy :o
  • ol96x
    Options
    Your screen name is depressing. Love yourself or nobody will.
  • ohmyllama
    edited October 2015
    Options
    ol96x wrote: »

That's sad :( don't hate yourself!!!

You need to lose 70lbs? So do I. It isn't a reason to hate yourself!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options

Agreed. Change your username
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    If you had 700 pounds to lose and not 70, maybe. As it is, to get the level of calorie restriction would do major harm, particularly in that you'd lose a ton of muscle mass because you couldn't possibly hit your body's protein needs. Remember, food isn't just about energy (calories), it's about supplying raw materials for your body to do things with - like amino acids for protein synthesis. All the fat stores in the world won't create a single amino acid, so if you don't get enough in your diet, your body will scavenge your muscles. Likewise, that would create all kinds of potential for vitamin deficiencies.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    You have 70 pounds to lose, trying to lose almost half of it in one month isn't healthy at all
    Start tracking everything you normally eat and then make a small change. E.g if you normally eat 4 bags of crisp, today just eat one bag. Soon you will find other changes to make.
    Anything drastic you do will not work
    Good luck.
  • ryanhateshimself
    ryanhateshimself Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    ohmyllama wrote: »

U guys don't understand, i was only 180lbs 3 years ago, now I am almost 300lbs. Do u guys know what hurts me? Days ago my mom told me if I were somebody else , she wouldn't even look at me. I have disappointed her too many times.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Can you talk to your doctor or someone else that can help you? A paster or friend?
  • ol96x
    Options
    Weight loss won't happen over night it takes time. You just have to beleive in yourself I know that sounds corny. I think your moms a *kitten* like who Tf says that to their son? At the end of the day it's just you in this world so who gives a *kitten* about what anyone else gotta say . Lose weight for YOU and only you. Be cocky.. Why go through life feeling like *kitten* about yourself?
  • ryanhateshimself
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Can you talk to your doctor or someone else that can help you? A paster or friend?

No, I am ok. Just feel it's time to do sometime. Thank u
  • ohmyllama
    Options

U guys don't understand, i was only 180lbs 3 years ago, now I am almost 300lbs. Do u guys know what hurts me? Days ago my mom told me if I were somebody else , she wouldn't even look at me. I have disappointed her too many times.

Aww. :( I'm sorry, I wish I could help. My mom has told me all sorts of nasty things, too, so I can relate in a sort of way. She wishes I was never born, wishes she wasn't alive because of me, I'm the worst child imaginable, I was the worst baby imaginable, the only thing I know how to do is eat, etc etc. I know it hurts. However, you can't HARM YOURSELF just because someone says something nasty to you. Having a disappointed mother is no reason to cause permanent heart damage by losing weight too quickly. Make a lifestyle change for YOU, to be a happier and healthier person. Do you go to a therapist? I know that's probably the last thing you feel like doing, but they really are there to help you...

It's time to take action, yes, but please do it in a healthy way!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

As someone who has disappointed my mother on more than a few occasions, and she is always willing to inform me of it, that is horrible. Please seek help to sort through these things. Honestly, losing the weight will not repair that relationship. You need to be right with yourself, first and foremost. At some point, you need to realize that your mother's approval is not the totality of who you are.

People here can give you guidance and support on weight loss. 30lb in a month is not healthy, safe, or realistic. The bigger worry is how you are feeling right now about yourself.

I hope this helps a little, but please get some help, someone to talk with.

204b2b5kiu8t.jpg
    fat.jpg 16.8K
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options

And I was well over 300 pounds, in fact around 350 at my heaviest (I started tracking again in MFP around 320). Many of us have been there, and we do understand. There's no quick way out - I've got 100 pounds left myself, it's gonna take me about a year to get there, most likely, even at a pretty aggressive rate of loss. The other thing to understand is that weight loss is actually the easier part. Keeping it off is by far the harder challenge, and you'll need all the practice you can get over the next year or so to learn the habits that will keep you successful in the long term. High rate of loss tends to also be quickly followed by high rate of regain if you haven't really learned what it's going to take to manage your weight.

You also really do need to do your best to decouple your self esteem and your weight. Therapy would be a good start. The extra emotional baggage certainly won't help, particularly because you need a long-term perspective on weight loss, and you need to realize that you will miss your goals some days, you'll probably binge some days, you'll have setbacks, and you need the confidence to not allow small setbacks to spiral out of control.
  • ryanhateshimself
    Options

Aww. :( I'm sorry, I wish I could help. My mom has told me all sorts of nasty things, too, so I can relate in a sort of way. She wishes I was never born, wishes she wasn't alive because of me, I'm the worst child imaginable, I was the worst baby imaginable, the only thing I know how to do is eat, etc etc. I know it hurts. However, you can't HARM YOURSELF just because someone says something nasty to you. Having a disappointed mother is no reason to cause permanent heart damage by losing weight too quickly. Make a lifestyle change for YOU, to be a happier and healthier person. Do you go to a therapist? I know that's probably the last thing you feel like doing, but they really are there to help you...

It's time to take action, yes, but please do it in a healthy way!

Thank u, I mean really really thank u.
    I've been living abroad for 4 years so far, they don't know how much I have been though