.....water.....

Options
Hello :)
I'm new here. I just have a question. I LOVE water but I don't drink it everyday because when I drink it, I drink a lot and it makes my bladder fill up super fast and I'm in the bathroom every hour. Will that change once I start drinking it all of the time or is it normal? Thanks :)

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I would say firstly don't drink so much at a time, space the water out over the day.

Yes you and your bladder will adjust...

A good tip to follow, if your pee is pale yellow you are getting sufficient fluids, if dark yellow you need more fluids. Clear pee probably getting too much fluid..
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Why would it change? If you're hydrated that water has got to go somewhere.

My bladder has never gotten used to being full, whatever that's supposed to entail I'm really not sure.
  • spenahughes
    spenahughes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I just wasn't sure. And I don't know why it would. I thought maybe it worked like your stomach. If you go a few days eating small, light meals your stomach shrinks and adjusts to that, but if you constantly over eat, your stomach expands and gets used to that as well.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You need to drink water everyday! It helps your cells to function properly, keeps you alive, and many other bodily benefits. If you drink water, you WILL need to the bathroom. That's the purpose of your bladder. Yes it gets annoying to go all the time, but it's part of living.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,718 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    You need to drink water everyday! It helps your cells to function properly, keeps you alive, and many other bodily benefits. If you drink water, you WILL need to the bathroom. That's the purpose of your bladder. Yes it gets annoying to go all the time, but it's part of living.

Agreed. But if stay consistent with your intake you will adjust and not have to go so often. The benefits are well worth the minor inconvenience.
  • tayloralanj
    tayloralanj Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    If you're not getting up every hour anyway (during the day), something is wrong,,,esp if you work in an office,,,,,but I try to hit 100oz/day, to some that is low...to some, they think I'm crazy because if they have one glass of water they think it's too much.
  • sarab920
    sarab920 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I drink about 93 oz a day between 8-4. Peeing is the downside, But it has helped me tremendously with my weight loss
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Yes, water is important, but there is no need to overdo it either. If your pee is very light yellow to clear, then you are sufficiently hydrated. Anything on top of that will just go right through you.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    There's no need to drink excessive amounts of water each day. Most of us do a fine job of knowing when we're thirsty or not and that's when to drink. In addition, there's nothing that says what you drink needs to be specifically plain water. Everything we drink has water in it as does most of the food we eat and it all counts.

I say this as a person who lives in a hot, dry climate and has a drink at her elbow all day and night long. I need to drink more than the average person to stay hydrated. I drink when I'm thirsty. When I exercise I drink more. When I'm outside and it's hot, I drink more. Anything beyond that is wasteful of both the water you're drinking and what you're literally flushing down the sewer.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I drink between 2-3L of water everyday, and have done for a long time. I visit the toot every 20-30 minutes. If I haven't got used to it by now, I don't think ever will :disappointed:
  • caseylizbeth
    caseylizbeth Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I drink A LOT of fluids and had the same problem when I first started uping my water intake, but now I'm used to it. I go about once every hour or so. It really helps if you space your fluid intake out. I drink 10-15 8oz glasses of water a day, but I try to space them out so I'm not drinking more than 16 oz an hour. You should most certainly be drinking water every day though. Your body needs it to function correctly.