Back Again and Struggling

Options
Hey guys :)

I think this is the 3rd time I have attempted this, so lets hope its 3rd time lucky!!

I'm 5"7 and have been flitting between 175-180lbs for the entirety of summer. I had managed to lose weight before the summer holidays but all but a few lbs have crept back on with holiday ice cream.
I've just started trying to do this seriously again because I lost about 10lbs in 2.5 months and I felt amazing. I study full time during the week and also have 2 part time jobs so simple and quick food is necessary. Also being a student cheap food is necessary. I am also vegetarian which throws another spanner in the works.
I have been trying to create meal plans but trying to find recipes to cover it all is exhausting work! I don't want to give up again but trying to find the time to create healthy meals in a way I can fit into my schedule and try and get an hours intense workout a day is driving me crazy and as soon as exams hit I can only imagine the freak-out that will occur!

If anybody has any hint, tips, motivational pep talks that can help in any way that would be amazing!!

Replies

• scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Consistency is your best friend. Start small. You don't need recipes to start. Eat simply. I have spent 25 years cooking glorious homemade foods for an entire family & right now I'm just searing a simple lean protein in a cast iron pan for dinner and eating it with salad! Over & over. It is always delicious & appropriate. My husband is working away from home for 4 months so I put the gym on hiatus & walk as much as possible. Very simple! I have two jobs and work 7 days a week. That's right: 7, as in all or every. Don't make excuses; make solutions.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    i agree with above. feeling u need to make full blown meals every night will ruin it. veggies and some form of protein. i am not vegetarian so im not too sure what your protein source would be... tofu? maybe add a boiled egg if that fits for u? nuts and beans? and i exercise 20 minutes and day....sometimes just walking. don't make this harder than it has to be and u will succeed