Metabolisom

Options
Do any of you guys no a way to get a very fast metabolism? If so would I have to keep doing or can I stop and eat whatever I want. That is what I wish I can do. But I do lose some weight. I was 179.2 but down to 178.6 I know it may not be much but I happy about it.

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    No. Doesn't work that way.

Your metabolism is probably working at the optimal level already.

don't we all wish we could just eat whatever we wanted and still maintain health, a nice physique, etc.?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Do any of you guys no a way to get a very fast metabolism? If so would I have to keep doing or can I stop and eat whatever I want. That is what I wish I can do. But I do lose some weight. I was 179.2 but down to 178.6 I know it may not be much but I happy about it.

Build lots and lots of muscle and do loads of cardio to increase your TDEE
  • xxenchantxx14
    xxenchantxx14 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

don't we all wish we could just eat whatever we wanted and still maintain health, a nice physique, etc.?
    I know right. It would be nice.
  • xxenchantxx14
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

What is TDEE? If you don't mind me asking.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

it is what it is. =/

As the above poster said, the more muscle mass you have the more you burn at rest. The more calories you burn in daily activity the more you can eat.

But both these options still probably wont let you "eat whatever you want" and not have to worry about it. :( ESPECIALLY for women or shorties.
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Total Daily Energy Expenditure, which is a measure of how many calories per day your body burns (includes the base metabolic rate for just staying alive, and all the other energy you use for exercise and other activity). When you take in more calories than your TDEE, you'll store some as additional weight (and fat); eating below your TDEE will cause you to use your existing stored energy (fat and stuff), which drives weight-loss.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Total daily energy expenditure

So your BMR + activity + purposeful exercise = how many calories your body burns up in a day
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Exercise, build a little muscle. A body that works burns more energy! It has to! :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy while eating in a surplus, so you build lots of muscles and your metabolism will increase.
  • xxenchantxx14
    Options

it is what it is. =/

As the above poster said, the more muscle mass you have the more you burn at rest. The more calories you burn in daily activity the more you can eat.

But both these options still probably wont let you "eat whatever you want" and not have to worry about it. :( ESPECIALLY for women or shorties.
    Yep. I'm short too. 5'0
  • xxenchantxx14
    Options

Total daily energy expenditure

So your BMR + activity + purposeful exercise = how many calories your body burns up in a day
    Thank you