Easiest high protein/low cal dishes with least prep/washing up

Options
tomatoey
tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
edited October 2015 in Food and Nutrition
I got a neck spasm today, on top of existing hand and shoulder issues. I don't want to prep (wash, chop, etc) or wash anything I don't have to (especially not pans or pots). I've been eating out & relying on convenience food, but don't want to.

(I might even have to miss garbage day this week, too, I can't lift the dang bag.)

never mind, i think it's going to involve canned soup and beans & an electric can opener & sandwiches & disposable bowls (do they exist?) and plates. & throwing garbage out every day. i think i do need to phone a friend for help with the big bag that needs to go out tomorrow. boo.

Replies

• djspacecaptain
    djspacecaptain Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I like protein bars the ones i eat have 19g of protein plus virtually no prep or clean up. There is protein powder where you mix a scoop in water or milk i like that too.

If you are suffering from spasms id suggest adding some potassium in you, takes the muscle pain right away. Some high potassium containing food are: Potatoes, bananas and milk.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Re disposable bowls: Vanity Fair Impressions 20 Oz Disposable Bowls, 30 count
    Yes to the paper plates and plastic utensils. Very good idea. We keep paper bowls around as well because we have to be prepared to lose electricity in a weather event.
    Even in good weather, I usually eat canned lentil soups or chic peas cold. I have to buy the cans with pop open lids because I stink at using the can opener. I can eat sardines out of the can plain or with some mustard or mayo.
    Also sliced and packaged cheese or string cheese. Krab sticks are o.k. taste-wise sometimes.
    Bagged lettuce plain or dipped in salad dressing or hummus or wrapped in deli meats like ham or turkey.
    Dried fruit like dates or apricots require no rinsing or cutting.
    Roitisserie chicken.

We can buy packaged precut veggies (broccoli and cauliflower or yellow squash or portobello mushrooms that need rinsing but no other prep.) and fruits in the produce dept. Also, baby carrots.
    Maybe get some crackers or rice cakes to eat with peanut butter. No sugar added applesauce cups. Yogurt or cottage cheese with fresh or frozen berries or chia /sunflower/ pumpkin seeds/ granola.
    Considering buying some frozen shrimp and letting it thaw in the fridge.
    A brand of 100& frozen fruit bars (no sugar added if you can find it).

Salt-free nuts. Some dark chocolate if you like that.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Mix frozen & canned (drained)veggies in a pot. Add canned broth,lots of flavorings.meat if you want,garlic etc. Cook on low till tasty....easy soup.Lasts for days.Frozen fruit,sliced deli cheese.....canned meat,tuna etc.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Any sort of meat that you put in a disposable tin-foil pan and cook in the oven. Marinade in a plastic storage bag bag if desired. Serve with microwaved frozen veggies.
  • tomatoey
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Re disposable bowls: Vanity Fair Impressions 20 Oz Disposable Bowls, 30 count
    Yes to the paper plates and plastic utensils. Very good idea. We keep paper bowls around as well because we have to be prepared to lose electricity in a weather event.
    Even in good weather, I usually eat canned lentil soups or chic peas cold. I have to buy the cans with pop open lids because I stink at using the can opener. I can eat sardines out of the can plain or with some mustard or mayo.
    Also sliced and packaged cheese or string cheese. Krab sticks are o.k. taste-wise sometimes.
    Bagged lettuce plain or dipped in salad dressing or hummus or wrapped in deli meats like ham or turkey.
    Dried fruit like dates or apricots require no rinsing or cutting.
    Roitisserie chicken.

We can buy packaged precut veggies (broccoli and cauliflower or yellow squash or portobello mushrooms that need rinsing but no other prep.) and fruits in the produce dept. Also, baby carrots.
    Maybe get some crackers or rice cakes to eat with peanut butter. No sugar added applesauce cups. Yogurt or cottage cheese with fresh or frozen berries or chia /sunflower/ pumpkin seeds/ granola.
    Considering buying some frozen shrimp and letting it thaw in the fridge.
    A brand of 100& frozen fruit bars (no sugar added if you can find it).

Salt-free nuts. Some dark chocolate if you like that.

<3 Thank you, RodaRose :)

Thanks to everyone :)
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Don't forget eggs. Scramble those with whatever you want in the bowl you'll use to serve. Nuke 20sec at a time, mixing between times until they're the doneness you prefer.

It doesn't make the greatest eggs, but it'll do.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    shrimp
  • girishmenezes
    girishmenezes Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and honey
    Bottle of tuna with a bit of mayo and mustard with toast
    Hammer a fillet of chicken with a rolling pin, add olive oil, garlic and salt, grill
    Four boiled eggs (two whole and two whites) with toast
  • tomatoey
    Options
    thanks all. it's been much better today :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    That is good news.