I need friends! Also, my intro to you all :)

Options
Hey there, not so new MFP member here...
I am the heaviest I have been in a few years, and I am looking to STOP the gain and PROMOTE the loss, again.
I have compulsive eating and honestly, ive just been telling myself, I will get to logging my food later. But not anymore! I will try to be faithful and log my food and also I am working on toning up my muscles, which should help :smile:
I know weight loss is not immediate, but it helps me to keep going when I see the progress others are making!
So its nice to meet you all and hopefully I can meet some motivating friends :sunglasses:

Replies

• rnohou2010
    rnohou2010 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards! I have struggled with compulsive overeating my whole life. Not so much anymore. I think some of the answer is behavior modification, or put more simply, creating new habits. It's been said that anything you do for 90 days in a row becomes a permanent habit. So if you can put two days of not eating compulsively together, the third one becomes a little easier, and the fourth day even easier. Et cetera. Also, the FDA has approved a stimulant med called Vyvanse for Binge Eating Disorder. I am on it for depression, but I do notice my appetite is less. Anyway, lots of luck to you. I know you'll be successful!
  • ladywishingstar
    ladywishingstar Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Welcome :wink:
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me