Are you going to keep your fat clothes?

Options
I've read a lot of weight loss stories but also some people saying they regained weight and are trying again.
I plan on some cute new outfits and plan on not keeping my fat clothes around 'just in case', it seems as if that would almost be a nod to future possible backsliding. What do you think?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Currently I have only kept a pair of jeans. Great for picture comparisons and also a reminder of what could happen if I'm not careful.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I can sew so I can alter some stuff depending on how the garment is contructed. I lost a lot of weight then regained it thanks to antipsychotics, lost the weight I gained, then gained weight from pregnancy. I went from 147 to 165 or so which isn't too much, but I'm at 159.7 right now and that's on the cusp of overweight. (I'm 5'7")
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Nope. As soon as I'm two sizes down, I get rid of the clothes. For example, I'm wearing more 8s now so all 12s are gone.
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm keeping a pair or two of pants, but I've been selling and giving stuff away to Goodwill. If I know I don't have that cushion, I'll be less likely to backslide.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I personally don't think keeping or not keeping bigger clothes has anything to do with whether or not you regain the weight, but everyone is different with this. I kept a few things but now it's been so many years that I might as well chuck most of it as it's old and somewhat outdated anyway.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Nope, I donate or sell them on eBay as I go. Sometimes I don't get around to the selling part as quickly as I might, lol, but I get rid of everything when I no longer fit into it.

I'm not regaining. Period. I might gain a couple pounds, but I will never go up a size.

When I'm done, I'll keep a wardrobe of clothes one size up, for extra hurricane clothes. But that's it.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Nope they went in the bin or if still decent to the charity shop i have no intention of ever getting bigger again
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Yes, because I have space in the attic. I will get rid of them when I move, which will not be anytime in the near future.
  • christinaleigh44
    christinaleigh44 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    get rid of those giant clothes, like the plague!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I work with a lot of woman and they were aghast that I got rid of everything. They literally have closets full of different size clothes. Well I'm sorry that is a burden unto itself. It is truly a freeing experience to let the clothes go. Sell them or Donate them just let them go!! I chose to donate best day of my life. :)
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I get rid of all my oversized clothes but wish I had kept just one pair of my size 24 jeans, just for comparison with my current size 10.
  • rhyolite_
    rhyolite_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I keep a few things in an immediate size up, in case of fluctuations, bloating, slight gains, etc. But most of it I give away.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I typically give them away but sometimes it takes me a longer time to do it because I have some things I'm really attached to.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I'm in the process of bundling up my summer clothes for the charity shop, as although I haven't changed size yet I'm 24lb down and they will be too big for me by the time next summer comes around.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I get rid (donate/sell) of a piece of clothing once I realize that it doesn't fit well. I think the only "oversized" items that I have kept have been a few tshirts/gym shorts for around the house and jeans (that mostly fit) for potentially dirty trips to a job site for work.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Nope. I get rid of clothes once they get too big. I don't want any reason to have to wear them again. If my clothes feel too small, then I know it's time to get back in the game.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Tip for people ditching clothes. Once you're in maintenance, pick something without any elastic or lycra (like a tailored suit pants or wool pencil skirt) that fits flatteringly (not TOO tight, but maybe snug after you've eaten) and wear it every couple weeks. If you ever put that on and it doesn't fit, then you know it's time to tighten back up the logging so you won't need those larger sized clothes.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I've been keeping one size up...have given a lot away. That being said, as a person who goes up and down, it has been awesome to get into all of my smaller clothes again!
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Yup, I'm a size 12 now and I threw out all my size 18/XXL clothing away months ago when I originally lost the weight. Up until a few weeks ago, I've been struggling to stay on track. I have not gained a significant amount of weight or anything (i'm still a size 12) but some of my clothing have begun to fit a little snug on me. The fact that I don't want to go out and spend on a new wardrobe a size bigger and I don't have anything larger than size 12 clothing really helps me to stay on track. Throwing away my big clothing was a good idea.