Do you think skipping Breakfast is really all that bad?

Options
13»

Replies

• brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    mhaskins08 wrote: »
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    Calories are calories, doesn't mater when or how you eat them.
    Meal timing is for hunger management.
    Your body can easily operate off your body fat and glycogen stores for longer then you will be able to stave off hunger.

One of the best things for my weight loss plan has been holding off eating until 930/10 coupled with not being worried about eating too late at night.

The "rule" for weight loss used to be... Eat within an hour or so of waking. But I would end up forcing myself to eat something and be hungrier by 10 am... Therefore increasing my calories.

I hate restrictive rules... I love being able to do what I want within the CICO context. I can attribute my 16 day streak and actually ENJOYING IT to this renewed thinking.

I think your reply is most similar to my own thinking. I used to eat breakfast at home at 6 am, and found myself wanting to eat almost a whole 4th meal with all the snacks I needed to stave off hunger.

I do eat three meals a day because it works for me. Some days Im not hungry at 9:30 but eat because I'm heading out with the kids I nanny for and if I dont eat i know I am likely to buy something while we are out. It keeps me on a meal schedule which I think is helping me get acclimated to this new style of living. I end up eating at 9/9:30, 12:30/1, snack at 3:30/4, and dinner by 7:30 most nights. You adjust until you find your stride. For me I definitely need that snack to make it to dinner!