Apple Watch - Steps - Circular Logic?

Options
I posted this in the Apple Watch group but there is no one there :-(

I know that MFP does not integrate directly with the Apple Watch and that it actually writes and reads to the Apple Health app. But lately I am seeing a much higher step count in both MFP and Health than what is in my Activity app on the actual watch. I have checked all my settings and show the following:

MFP Steps = Apple Watch is checked (says that it is tracking steps from the iPhone and the Apple Watch)
o87r3q3481ar.png

iPhone Privacy setting - Motion & Fitness = My Fitness Pal and Health app are on (should I only have it sync with Health app?)

e9n7mhy5iio4.png

Apple Health app = "allow MFP to read data" for steps is on.

awgp84t0gcm8.png

What's odd is that the steps are not double but more like 1/4 to 1/2 higher.

Sometimes I walk carrying my phone and sometimes without. What I think may be happening is that when I carry my phone and walk it is counting the steps from my phone as well as my watch (which is feeding health app)

Has anyone else figured out how to resolve? I don't like it because it makes my calorie burn in MFP artificially higher

Thanks

Replies

• HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer to your question, but Apple Watch isn't even showing up on my device list as a step tracker. All apps are updated and the watch and iPhone are sending other info between the two. I'm stumped
  • ruthkate
    ruthkate Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am in the same situation as HMKan - MFP does not even show apple watch as an option to choose from! I did find a response from MFP dated 26 Oct saying they were aware of the issue and it would be fixed in the next update. If this is an issue, how did ebouchie get apple watch to appear as a step source?
    I hope they release the update soon - it is really frustrating to not get my steps accounted for :(
  • ebouchie
    ebouchie Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It seems to have all finally been resolved. Last few days the steps are pretty well matched on Health, Activity, and MFP. I wonder if it had something to do wit the iOS upgrades on the iPhone and Watch
  • haleywarner27
    haleywarner27 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I got my Apple Watch yesterday and it is not showing as an option on MFP to count my steps. Very frustrating.
  • ebouchie
    ebouchie Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I got my Apple Watch yesterday and it is not showing as an option on MFP to count my steps. Very frustrating.

That's odd. On the iPhone mobile app, go to "more" then "steps"...Apple Watch is showing up for me. You may have to first go to the Health app on the phone and enable MFP as a source.
  • kcluggish
    kcluggish Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Read that this was fixed in version 6.9 but can't find anyplace to download that version.
  • kcluggish
    kcluggish Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Here is the link where Myfitnesspal says the issue is fixed in 6.9: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1453170-known-issues-ios-app