What workout to do next?

Options
I've completed 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30 and have been doing a mix between NMTZ and BFBM for about 2 weeks.
I need help deciding what to do next. I'm a little intimidated by P90x and insanity, so I'm thinking about Chalean Extreme? Or NROLFW?
Any suggestions? I'm about 2 lbs from my goal weight, so fat loss isn't a huge issue, but I still have stubborn belly fat that I want to obviously get rid of!
Just when I think I've made a decision, I keep reading reviews or posts on here and I change my mind...
Thanks!

Replies

• Kabuhtu
    Kabuhtu Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I know you say you are intimidated by insanity but I would say try it anyways. I was and AM STILL intimidated but I see the results people get by just trying their best and not even being able to do it all or being at 35% body fat. I am only on day three and I told myself that I at least need to do two weeks before I decide if its hurting me more than helping me. I have also seen that the stubborn belly fat goes away because it is replaced with muscle.
  • Badassey
    Badassey Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I completed the 30DS a month ago and am on Day 10 of Power 90 (it is the precursor to P90X). So basically, it's P90X for beginners. I am really enjoying the workout. It's a bit monotonous - but if you got through the "same-workout-day-after-day" with the 30DS, you'll be just fine doing Power 90 - as it is 2 workouts (1 strength, 1 cardio/abs). You do the workouts on alternating days for 45 days - then you switch to two more advanced workouts for the remaining 45 days.

If you want, you can go to my blog: Badassey.com - I am doing a 240 Day Challenge (Power 90, then P90X, then Insanity) in 240 days. I'm currently on Day 10 and I am feeling fantastic! :) Good luck with whatever you choose!
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I am in the middle of 30DS and started her killer Abs today!
  • meredithkrueger
    Options
    Have you thought about Jillian's 90 day Body Revolution? I am on the last month of it and it is AWESOME!!! You will see crazy results fast!! I did a lot of her individual DVD's before starting this one and Body Rev. beats them all. It is only 30 minutes a day, 6 days a week. I did not follow her diet that was included but that is an option too. Chalean Xtreme is probably similiar but I think you will enjoy JM more because you have already completed her other workouts. I am now adding Chalene's TurboFire to my workout schedule and plan to transition into that once JM Body is done. I have not done Insanity but have friends who are doing it. It truly is "INSANE". : ) It sounds very hard and is longer than 30 minutes. I have also heard that it is more "military-style" than Jillian. Body Revolution comes with 15 DVD"s and you change workouts every 2 weeks so you don't get bored. Also, every 2 weeks the workouts get harder. : )
  • debbie14892
    debbie14892 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing Chalene Extreme and I love it. The main focus is strength training to help tighten you up so if you are looking to that this should do the trick. I also did P90x, it was rough going but I enjoyed it and I think I would have seen better results if I would have followed the diet better.

Good luck with whatever you decide! :happy:
  • bfbooty
    bfbooty Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Insanity is really tough but it gets results, i can't say i enjoy it but i did it/do it for the results iykwim, i am however doing at the moment Turbo Fire and I LOVE IT, it's so much fun and a really good workout, it's different to insanity but as tough just in a more enjoyable way :-)
  • paisleydaisy
    paisleydaisy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm really leaning toward Chalean Extreme and then once I get though that, I'll move on to P90X. I just don't want to spend all that money on P90X and hate it! Or should i just suck it up and go hard?!