Free samples- no clue how to log this

Options
This weekend I'm going to a food festival where there will be tons of free samples. How on earth do I log this?? It will probably literally just be bite size servings of things like rice, bars, not really sure what else, just small samples. I don't want to not eat them, because that's the whole point of going is to try the different companies/restaurants.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    50-100 calories per sample. I'd just add in my head and log an approximation.
  • purplishblue
    purplishblue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hmm maybe I will do that. I wish MFP had calories of "one bite" of such and such!
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Look for visual portion guides on Google, and do your best estimating your intake that day. You can even start putting like 3oz of food on your food scale to start getting used to the amount of space it takes when you're looking at food
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    If it was me, I would just log any meals that you know the calories are for the day and then fill the rest of the calories with a "quick add" entry. Accuracy is already going to be very low, why not just put in a big block of calories and not stress about counting how many samples you had? Even if you actually end up going over maintenance, one day of being over won't hurt.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Yes I would just do quick ad calories...thats whatbit do when I eat samples. And keep in mind what you sampled....fruit or veggies will be alot less then pizza ;-)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    50-100 calories per sample. I'd just add in my head and log an approximation.

Win :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    that gives you around 15 - 30 bites and these kind of places you get significantly more than that

I'd set to maintenance for the day and save 100-200 calories a day towards it in the week running up - then log a few thousand and move on tbh