Horrible food cravings

Options
I'm trying so hard not to give into my cravings but I'm craving crappy food almost all the time and I'm losing th battle. Any tips?

Replies

• Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    This used to happen to me a lot at night. Instead of going for the bag of chips I go make a cup of tea. I'm currently loving cinnamon spice flavored teas.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    There is no crappy food. All things in moderation.
  • ericaintheburg
    ericaintheburg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue.
    I have been trying smoothies. Blimey Limey with no added sugar from Planet Smoothie is my go to.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    @kayecaligirl20 for pain management I cut out all grains and most all sugars. After two weeks my cravings started to fade and were mainly gone after a month. That was a year ago and I still have no cravings for any food that is sugar or converts to sure. However I do eat 2600 calories to lose a couple pounds monthly on average and 3000 daily to maintain so my way of eating is far from low calorie compared to some.
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should eat the food you're avoiding, but make sure it fits into your calorie goal for day.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Have some crappy food in the daytime so that you do not crave it at night.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I'm trying so hard not to give into my cravings but I'm craving crappy food almost all the time and I'm losing th battle. Any tips?

Fit in small amounts of "crappy food" that you find satisfying. Losing weight is only a small part of a healthy lifestyle and after that you have to not gain the weight again. I knew if I had to go without "crappy food" for the rest of my life, I would rather get fat.

Pick snacks that you find satisfy you - no point having two squares of chocolate if it opens the floodgates to eat the whole block, but you might find you can have a portion of chocolate icecream and be happy not being able to have more.
  • ThanosInfinity
    ThanosInfinity Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is very helpful, stay strong :)6qrfi382synf.jpeg
  • Protranser
    Options
    Wow, so i just need zinc to get over my pms craving?

• kayecaligirl20
    kayecaligirl20 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone so much for your tips
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Protranser wrote: »

Thank goodness I still live in a world of telephones, car batteries, handguns, and many things made of Zinc!
  • Protranser
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »

Thank goodness I still live in a world of telephones, car batteries, handguns, and many things made of Zinc!

Lol thank you for that, been a while since ive watched The Simpsons
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    There is no crappy food. All things in moderation.

Exactly!

A calorie deficit does not mean you need to deprive yourself of things you love.
  • beckygammon
    beckygammon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Macros may work for you, they helped my relationship with food, and allow you to eat a little of everything.
  • kayecaligirl20
    kayecaligirl20 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The only thing is if I eat a little of a bad food I usually cannot control myself and eat way too much
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

These charts are eye-catching, but there is very little evidence to support that the average person's food cravings reflect nutritional needs.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options

So the next time I want to smoke a joint, I should just have some raw cabbage juice instead?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    bluefish86 wrote: »

So the next time I want to smoke a joint, I should just have some raw cabbage juice instead?

It's good to know that when I craved cigarettes, it wasn't because I was addicted to nicotine. It was because I just needed more vitamin C.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I like to satisfy my cravings by having the same flavor profile that I'm looking for in a way that fits my meal plan.

For example, I may crave pizza, but all I really want is the pizza toppings, marinara, and cheese. A pita pizza topped with plenty of veggies, marinara and cheese would fit the bill.

Similarly, I love buffalo wings. It's not the buffalo wing itself, but the combination of hot sauce and blue cheese. I'll make lettuce wraps with shredded chicken in buffalo sauce, blue cheese, carrots and celery, buffalo meatballs, or buffalo cauliflower dipped in blue cheese dressing.

If I want to eat a burger, I get my lean meat, whatever toppings I want, and wrap it in lettuce. It's not the bread for me that makes the meal, it's the combination of meat and condiments.

Of course, it's much easier to do with savory foods than sweet, but you get a general idea of the approach.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options

I've heard more women say magnesium helped with PMS cravings, but women who have tried that to no avail could certainly try zinc as well.