Sorry. Random question. Forum related

Options
This is such a dumb question, but is there a central place where you get notifications if someone comments on something or likes something on your wall? Like Facebook has? I can see friend requests, but not much more. So if anyone has reached out and I haven't responded - I swear I'm not ignoring you. I'm just still learning. #newbieproblems :)

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    The Community Forums (what you are reading right now, which is hosted by Vanilla Forums) is a totally separate system than your News Feed on your My Home page. Since they are separate systems running on separate servers, there are different ways to do things.

To get email notifications about posts to your News Feed, on the Web version navigate to MY HOME > Settings > Change email address/email preferences and choose the types of notifications that are sent to your subscribed email address. On the Android mobile app, navigate to Settings > Push notifications and choose the types of notifications you want and verify that disable notifications is not checked unless you want to specify certain hours to disable them. I don't use iOS, so I don't know if the Settings are slightly different for iOS.
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately the MFP devs don't really know what they're doing, so you can't get in-site notifications for your wall / news feed within the forums. The systems are separate and haven't actually been integrated together in any meaningful way.
  • boundariesandchanges
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »
    The Community Forums (what you are reading right now, which is hosted by Vanilla Forums) is a totally separate system than your News Feed on your My Home page. Since they are separate systems running on separate servers, there are different ways to do things.

To get email notifications about posts to your News Feed, on the Web version navigate to MY HOME > Settings > Change email address/email preferences and choose the types of notifications that are sent to your subscribed email address. On the Android mobile app, navigate to Settings > Push notifications and choose the types of notifications you want and verify that disable notifications is not checked unless you want to specify certain hours to disable them. I don't use iOS, so I don't know if the Settings are slightly different for iOS.

Thanks you so much for taking the time to write that out for me. I am running iOS, but I'll log onto the desktop and give it a whirl. Thanks again that was very nice of you.
  • boundariesandchanges
    Options
    Unfortunately the MFP devs don't really know what they're doing, so you can't get in-site notifications for your wall / news feed within the forums. The systems are separate and haven't actually been integrated together in any meaningful way.

Thank you for the info. I appreciate it. Guess I'll just have to be diligent about checking stuff. I appreciate the response. :)