Help 6 weeks to get fit.

Options
Hi Everyone,

I only have 6 weeks until I am going on holiday to Australia and I really want to try and get as beach body ready as I can. I am 5ft 6, and currently weight 11 stone 4, I really want to get down to about 10 stone 7 which is on average just under 2 pounds a week. I know I may not reach this goal but if I can get as close to it as possible I'll be happy.

What I need are some good tips on exercise, diets and if anyone knows any supplements that help, I have only just started my fitness pal again so I do not have any food diary posts for you all to see. But if any of you have tips on what has worked for you I would really appreciate the help.

Thank You :)

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Losing a bit of weight in 6 weeks, it is doable, as long as you are careful about your calorie counting and not going over what MFP recommends. I would expect something like 6-8 lbs to be a reasonable goal. Expecting to actually get visibly more fit in 6 weeks, not going to happen. Start working for this now, and set it as your goal for next year's holidays.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    How this Australian gets beach body ready:

Step 1: LOTS OF SUNBLOCK.

Step 2: EVEN MORE SUNBLOCK.

Step 3: Go to beach.

Unlike what they portray in movies, Australians of ALL shapes and sizes exist and go to the beach....
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Aussie here.

+1 vote for the "all shapes and sizes go to the beach"

However, nothing wrong with trying to feel good about yourself. As for a diet, just eat what makes you feel full but stays within your calories. Follow the app and its guidance. Supplements can only fill gaps in your nutrition, they cannot help weightloss. There are a lot of threads here that provide good advice.

But I do have some tips for coming here:
    - Swim between the flags - they are crowded for a reason. Australian surf is nasty and many many tourists die or come close to it every year. Lifeguards mark out the safest bit and encourage everyone to swim there - it's also the most heavily watched.

- Sunblock - and lots of it

- Don't trust the wildlife. While our animals aren't as crazy as most people would want to believe, but a lot of them aren't very friendly. Birds, spiders, snakes, sharks, jellyfish, ants etc.

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't get so caught up in the amount you want to lose for your holiday. Start making reasonably healthy choices and incorporating exercises where you can and you'll feel a whole lot more confident. I'd also suggest investing in a knock-out swimsuit for the occasion. I've seen women at the beach a good 4 sizes bigger than the 'average' and they have rocked it anyway.

Don't lose weight for an 'event'. Losing weight should be for your health and all round lifestyle.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    6 weeks

Eat at a moderate defecit say knock 500 calories per day off your TDEE

Hit the gym and follow a heavy lifting programme like stronglifts 5x5 or starting strength

You'll get some movement in 6 weeks .. not a whole lot .. but some